Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

If you were over weight (size 16 +) how long til you had a bump?

(12 Posts)
mayaknew Sun 12-Jul-15 18:53:30

If you already had a big tummy how long did it take before you looked pregnant ? Last time I didn't look pregnant til I was about 27ish weeks . From about 14 weeks til then I just looked like I was putting on even more weight . My belly was getting bigger but was still flabby and in rolls iykwim blush

Dreading that in between stage again sad

Appleblossom82 Sun 12-Jul-15 19:04:00

I was a size 14-16 and started to get a bump around 16 weeks. Now at almost 24 weeks i have a really big bump.

MumToBe2015R Sun 12-Jul-15 19:43:39

Hun I was size 20 when got pregnant, & I didn't start getting a bump until 21weeks. It didn't look like anything. I didn't even look like I had gained weight. Now at 37wks I have a big bump! Hope all goes well x

goldenhen Sun 12-Jul-15 19:49:52

Size 14 here, but always carried my weight in my tummy, and not showing yet at 14 weeks. Quite pleased to be honest! I'm 5'10, not sure if that makes a difference...

plonkie Sun 12-Jul-15 20:09:01

Size 20 when I got pregnant. 29 weeks now with what is quite a big bump. However, depending on what I'm wearing I'm still conscious that ppl might just think I'm really fat! I've never carried much weight round my waist (everywhere else though!) so myself, partner, family etc can really tell. I wonder about strangers though! Although a lady I'd not seen in years did ask me when I was due the other day so that reassured me :-). I've still got a little indent in my tummy above my belly button so my bumps not completely round. I'm desperate for it to round out!!

Anna2710 Sun 12-Jul-15 20:59:34

Size 16 pre preg. Just looked like was putting weight on until about 15/16 weeks then started to get a bump. Now 23+ weeks with a huge bump confused but it kind of went in at belly button a little bit until about a week ago but is now just a huge bump.

Rosieliveson Sun 12-Jul-15 21:03:57

Size 16-18 here with a less than desirable 'barrel' figure blush First time around it was about 18-19 weeks when I was clearly pregnant rather than just bigger around the middle. At about 14 weeks second time around I caught a view of myself in a shop window and it was clear there was a baby in there!

mayaknew Tue 14-Jul-15 19:49:42

I carry most of my weight around my belly . Once I have a decent bump it will be fine but I remember going to a wedding at 22 weeks with ds and I jut looked sooooo fat and I felt really really self conscious . I wore a maternity dress just so it might have been a wee bit more obvious to people that I was pregnant . I'm 11+5 now so i know it's only a few weeks away that I start just looking fatter and fatter sadsad

newbian Wed 15-Jul-15 02:15:37

Size 14 and tall (5'10"), started to get a bump around 22/23 weeks (I'm 24 today). From 20-22/23 weeks I looked like I was getting fat (and posted about it here too!). I'm trying to wear tighter tops so that I look more pregnant rather than just chubby. But I've still had a few people say that I just look like I overdid it food-wise recently rather than looking pregnant sad

Treaclepie19 Wed 15-Jul-15 12:11:44

Size 16 pre pregnancy and bump was obvious to me from early on. Other people could see it at about 16 weeks but he's very low down so I'd say mid twenties was proper bump territory.
Now 30+4 and bump is obvious smile

Airlyeth Wed 15-Jul-15 12:29:58

Size 16-18 here and still waiting for a proper baby bump at 26 weeks! If I wear maxi dresses or maternity dresses that frame my belly I look more pregnant, but I still fit in my old dresses and look like a barrel!

scarednoob Wed 15-Jul-15 14:08:53

dreaded apple shape here. people who know me can see that I'm pregnant, but at 28 weeks, a lot of clients etc still express surprise, so clearly they thought I'd just piled on weight sad sad sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now