Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Electric breast pump

(6 Posts)
Hotpotpie Sun 12-Jul-15 18:05:20

Can anyone give me some guidance, I manually expressed last time and damaged my thumb so this time want an electric pump but I don't know where to start there seem to be lots of choices!

Queazy Sun 12-Jul-15 18:18:45

I bought the medela swing and found it a good pump. It receives good reviews on Amazon too. A friend hired one, I think from our local hospital, and I know hers was very efficient as she could express both breasts at the same time. I'd definitely recommend Medela Swing if you want to buy one.

jennifer86 Sun 12-Jul-15 18:29:21

Hi. I'm using an Ameda double electric pump and it's working well for us. DS and I never really got the hang of breastfeeding so I started pumping, to begin with he needed formula top ups but now my supply has stabilised he is exclusively fed bottled breast milk. So the pump is doing great work. It was fairly expensive (about £150 new, I think) so probably depends on how much you plan to use it whether it would be worth it.

Ahhhcantthinkofagoodname Sun 12-Jul-15 19:30:15

First time round I had the tommee tippee, it was ok but very annoyingly, milk kept getting in the air tube meaning you would have to keep stopping to sort that out. Second time round I had the Medela swing which I really liked. I got one off ebay that had barely been used, much cheaper than buying brand new.

jessplussomeonenew Sun 12-Jul-15 19:36:01

I'd strongly recommend a closed system pump like the Ardo Calypso - pumps like the swing can get milk inside the pump and become seriously grim inside so Id definitely avoid getting one second hand!

Hotpotpie Sun 12-Jul-15 19:39:58

Thanks everyone, I have been looking at the swing, haven't even heard of the ardo I'll go and look now though. I hand pumped for 6 weeks last time before stopping for a variety of reasons, I'm ready to give it another go though so a good electric pump is high in my list!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now