Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

DH was sick last night - morning sickness

(37 Posts)
LoveLetters Sun 12-Jul-15 11:57:18

I currently have HG at now 12 weeks. He was sick last night for drinking too much whiskey. This morning I said, times that by 20 and add six weeks of straight sickness, now you know how I feel. His response was "yes well I didn't come and moan to you like a little b*%ch about it did I?"
Do I hit him with a frying pan now or later when I've calmed down

lulu12345 Sun 12-Jul-15 12:02:53

NOW!! Deeply disappointing but he sounds a bt like my DH. Absolutely rubbish at being sympathetic or nursing but a great father in many other ways.

Cornettoninja Sun 12-Jul-15 12:11:56

I do hope he's got other endearing qualities hmm

If I was being generous I'd allow for the fact he's feeling like shit at the moment and doesn't have the best self control, but I'd still be furious with him and expecting an apology when he felt better.

contractor6 Sun 12-Jul-15 12:35:16

Frying pan may not knock sense into him, try a sledge hammer. flowers

Appleblossom82 Sun 12-Jul-15 12:52:06

Didnt you post about him being a total utter twat to you last weekend? This man will continue to mistreat and disrespect you as long as you stay with him.

TinyManticore Sun 12-Jul-15 12:53:59

So, if you complain about feeling lousy with severe sickness for weeks on end, you're 'complaining like a little bitch'?
And you're with this person why exactly?

Appleblossom82 Sun 12-Jul-15 12:58:24

loveletters posted recently also that he told her other women just get on with it and that she is basically just being pathetic. The guy sounds like an abusive piece of shit.

Jackie0 Sun 12-Jul-15 13:17:04

It sounds like you really dislike each other

sebsmummy1 Sun 12-Jul-15 13:18:31

If someone called me a 'little bitch' and expected me to continue a relationship with them they'd have a very sharp wake up call. It's funny what other people are prepared up put up with.

BikeRunSki Sun 12-Jul-15 13:19:56

I'd stab him through the heart and kick his sorry ass to kingdom come. I've had 2 HG pregnancies, and they do not compare to even the worst hangover.

YonicScrewdriver Sun 12-Jul-15 13:26:54

Your husband is very nasty to you.

Appleblossom82 Sun 12-Jul-15 13:33:48

I have not had hg. I am 24 weeks (almost) and have had a v busy weekend and barely slept for 3 nights. Today i have just broken down sobbing and pathetically whimpering that im just sooooo tired/need some quiet time etc. My dh cuddled me, ordered me to put my pjs back on and tucked me up on the sofa with a cuppa and crap tv. He then cancelled the plans we had for today with his family. Its not the first time its happened either.

Im telling you this not as a stealth boast but more like this is how you should be treated by your dh. Plus all i have is being tired and emotional, not puking my guts up every 5 minutes.

You need to have a serious think about your relationship and what you want from life.

chopsface Sun 12-Jul-15 13:41:07

When I first got pregnant it felt like a bad hangover every day for weeks. I developed severe morning sickness where I was puking up to 8 times a day at 12 weeks. That's like having food poisoning every day. My dh is not particularly sympathetic to me, "well you wanted a baby", but not as bad as your dh!

sarkymare Sun 12-Jul-15 13:45:03

Who are these women with HG that 'just' get on with it? I've certainly never met one. Each HG sufferer (myself included) I have ever met have all struggled greatly with day to day life.

If your partner doesn't see how being sick every day, multiple times a day and not eating/drinking/sleeping properly will effect your general well being, your mental health and the ability to do every day things then quite frankly he's a fucking idiot.

From one HG sufferer to another, hit him with that god damned frying pan!! FYI a griddle pan will be heavier

NerrSnerr Sun 12-Jul-15 13:50:52

He had emotional affairs the last two babies you've had and is treating you like shit though this pregnancy. You're better off without him. He sounds awful.

GatoradeMeBitch Sun 12-Jul-15 14:04:04

Yes, hit him with the frying pan several times. You'll get more sympathy in prison.

scarednoob Sun 12-Jul-15 21:24:48

If you don't want to hit him with a frying pan, just let us all queue up and do it. SPANG.

He really needs to realise that this is not ok. And I mean this in the nicest possible way, so do you, my sweet.

mummyneedinganswers Mon 13-Jul-15 05:22:11

I completely sympathize with you on the HG thing and him being unsupportive but I just read your post in relationship forum that u wrote yesterday about being obsessed with the OW from years ago, and you said that you constantly say to your dp about his affair, I think maybe it may be a build up of things and you moaning about being sick is just a small problem in a list of a lot of problems. I'm not trying to say it is your fault in any way shape or form as being pregnant and sick u need support and love. I do think maybe there are many more unresolved issues though besides you moaning about sickness. In your post he tells you to forget about it and move on and you say your anxious as pregnant again and he did it while u were pregnant last time, have you tried counselling to help yous repair your marriage and counselling for yourself. Nobody likes to be nagged at constantly but u need to deal with what you have been put through by your husband, the unhealthy obsession with this other women isn't good and you fixating on how you can ruin her new relationship isn't healthy . you have so many issues going on here that I think the HG and your moaning are the least of your relationship problems.

mummyneedinganswers Mon 13-Jul-15 05:26:48

And Iwould sit down and explain to your husband why your anxious again eg being pregnant and that's wen it happened last time I would do it rationally but and in a calm manner your dp probably is full of guilt and might be worth you both sitting down and talking instead of nagging at each other. You have your third baby on the way and Ireally hope you do get sorted i know in your other post you said your saving up to leave but if you don'tdo that please make sure to help yourself anxiety wise and eemotionally xx

Brummiegirl15 Mon 13-Jul-15 07:05:52

I'm just horrified that a man called his pregnant wife a "little bitch"

In what world is that acceptable ???

Appleblossom82 Mon 13-Jul-15 07:11:31

I understand where mummyneedinganswers is coming from but dont think you can make excuses for him nor do i think 'moaning' while pregnant/suffering from hg should be any factor in how he treats you (other than to be extra nice to you). The man clearly has no respect or compassion for you.

He will not change and if you allow this to happen it will just get worse.

Appleblossom82 Mon 13-Jul-15 07:13:28

If he treated you properly you probably wouldnt be fixated on the ow tbh.

Nottalotta Mon 13-Jul-15 07:47:54

Bloody hell. I don't know the back story here (other than having just read peoples posts here) but the 'little bitch' comment would be enough for me to tell him where to go!!
What a dick!

mummyneedinganswers Mon 13-Jul-15 08:02:18

I did mean that in anyway shape or form was him saying that acceptable I just meant could be a build up of everything when you have HG which I do still have at 19 weeks you need support but there are many issues here not just the HG if you understand what I mean. There are many problems going on that need to be sorted between them both that what's I meant . I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense been awake all night

mummyneedinganswers Mon 13-Jul-15 08:06:18

Didnt

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now