Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

if you were induced/late with your first what happened second time?

(16 Posts)
crispiecrunchie Sun 12-Jul-15 08:16:29

I went 9 days over first time round and ended up getting induced. I did end up with forceps and some other interventions so not quite the serene hypnobirthing experience I was going for! That said it was a largely positive experience and I have no complaints.

I'm just wondering how likely it is I'll end up induced again. I wonder if some women do just have longer gestation periods? Or is every pregnancy diffferent?

I'm 42 now so think there wil be a bit pressure to get inducted at my due date. Is there much prospect of baby arriving before then?

LoveLetters Sun 12-Jul-15 08:17:38

I went into labour with my second literally on my due date.

patterkiller Sun 12-Jul-15 08:18:43

Same love I was 13 days late with first and had Dd2 on her due date.

ClaimedByMe Sun 12-Jul-15 08:19:31

First time I was 10 days overdue and induced but it was a quick easy induction/birth

Second time I had a sweep at 9 days overdue at lunchtime and he was born at 1.30 am the next morning, very easy birth and quick labour.

RandomMess Sun 12-Jul-15 08:21:05

4 DC, all late, all induced with pesseries and 2 with ARM but beyond that and despite having 3 epidurals no assisted delivery.

They were all slightly different though and the later I was induced the quicker it was getting into established labour.

crispiecrunchie Sun 12-Jul-15 08:23:12

No pattern at all then!! I was kind of resigned to an induction around my due date but perhaps I better get organised just in case!!

DaysAreWhereWeLive Sun 12-Jul-15 08:24:07

I was induced again and it was bloody brilliantly! 3 hour labour only with g and a, I would do it agar tomorrow if I could.

crispiecrunchie Sun 12-Jul-15 08:24:30

For those induced more than once - was it quicker? My first was 25 hours despite contractions starting immediately and only needing one pessary!

crispiecrunchie Sun 12-Jul-15 08:25:28

Ah days that sounds ideal!!

lighteningirl Sun 12-Jul-15 08:33:01

My first induced was long and hard l o ads of intervention second you are more prepared and can trust your own judgement so my second was natural longer and much easier as I pretty much ignored everyone and went with my instincts. Good luck and enjoy I did xxx

crispiecrunchie Sun 12-Jul-15 08:58:12

Thanks lighteningirl I am weirdly looking forward to it!

Dizzylizzie29 Sun 12-Jul-15 09:27:41

7 days over with Dd and 14 over with younger ds
I think I just take longer to 'cook' my babies as ds was still covered in vernix
Good luck and all the best for a safe and healthy birth X

plummyjam Sun 12-Jul-15 09:29:55

41 weeks with first, 38+4 with second.

makati Sun 12-Jul-15 09:30:09

I was 12 days late with my first, while my second arrived a day early. Both water births and fairly quick especially No 2 who was obviously in a bit of a hurry to arrive.

crispiecrunchie Sun 12-Jul-15 18:45:00

Thanks, maybe there is no pattern though sounds like second labours are often quicker and easier! X

MrsBeeBeeBee Sun 12-Jul-15 19:38:24

induced at 40+12 with DD1, went into labour naturally and had water birth at 40+9 with DD2

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: