Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

if you were induced/late with your first what happened second time?

(16 Posts)
crispiecrunchie Sun 12-Jul-15 08:16:29

I went 9 days over first time round and ended up getting induced. I did end up with forceps and some other interventions so not quite the serene hypnobirthing experience I was going for! That said it was a largely positive experience and I have no complaints.

I'm just wondering how likely it is I'll end up induced again. I wonder if some women do just have longer gestation periods? Or is every pregnancy diffferent?

I'm 42 now so think there wil be a bit pressure to get inducted at my due date. Is there much prospect of baby arriving before then?

LoveLetters Sun 12-Jul-15 08:17:38

I went into labour with my second literally on my due date.

patterkiller Sun 12-Jul-15 08:18:43

Same love I was 13 days late with first and had Dd2 on her due date.

ClaimedByMe Sun 12-Jul-15 08:19:31

First time I was 10 days overdue and induced but it was a quick easy induction/birth

Second time I had a sweep at 9 days overdue at lunchtime and he was born at 1.30 am the next morning, very easy birth and quick labour.

RandomMess Sun 12-Jul-15 08:21:05

4 DC, all late, all induced with pesseries and 2 with ARM but beyond that and despite having 3 epidurals no assisted delivery.

They were all slightly different though and the later I was induced the quicker it was getting into established labour.

crispiecrunchie Sun 12-Jul-15 08:23:12

No pattern at all then!! I was kind of resigned to an induction around my due date but perhaps I better get organised just in case!!

DaysAreWhereWeLive Sun 12-Jul-15 08:24:07

I was induced again and it was bloody brilliantly! 3 hour labour only with g and a, I would do it agar tomorrow if I could.

crispiecrunchie Sun 12-Jul-15 08:24:30

For those induced more than once - was it quicker? My first was 25 hours despite contractions starting immediately and only needing one pessary!

crispiecrunchie Sun 12-Jul-15 08:25:28

Ah days that sounds ideal!!

lighteningirl Sun 12-Jul-15 08:33:01

My first induced was long and hard l o ads of intervention second you are more prepared and can trust your own judgement so my second was natural longer and much easier as I pretty much ignored everyone and went with my instincts. Good luck and enjoy I did xxx

crispiecrunchie Sun 12-Jul-15 08:58:12

Thanks lighteningirl I am weirdly looking forward to it!

Dizzylizzie29 Sun 12-Jul-15 09:27:41

7 days over with Dd and 14 over with younger ds
I think I just take longer to 'cook' my babies as ds was still covered in vernix
Good luck and all the best for a safe and healthy birth X

plummyjam Sun 12-Jul-15 09:29:55

41 weeks with first, 38+4 with second.

makati Sun 12-Jul-15 09:30:09

I was 12 days late with my first, while my second arrived a day early. Both water births and fairly quick especially No 2 who was obviously in a bit of a hurry to arrive.

crispiecrunchie Sun 12-Jul-15 18:45:00

Thanks, maybe there is no pattern though sounds like second labours are often quicker and easier! X

MrsBeeBeeBee Sun 12-Jul-15 19:38:24

induced at 40+12 with DD1, went into labour naturally and had water birth at 40+9 with DD2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now