Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Infection at 8 weeks - should I be worried?

(5 Posts)
HJBeans Sun 12-Jul-15 04:59:43

I'm coming up to 8 weeks with what I hope to be a second child and have woken with a sore throat, swollen glands and what seems like a bad case of conjunctivitis in one eye. I feel feverish and generally ill but don't have a fever.

I'm panicking as I've stupidly been spending time working with soil and veg in our cat-laden garden without taking any precautions - simply forgot that bit of pregnancy advice - and am worried about toxoplasmosis specifically and unknown infection more generally.

Would you sensible mumsnet folk be concerned at all? I have problems with anxiety, especially related to health and pregnancy (two early mc before my DS), so it would really help with early morning panic to have a sense whether others would be concerned.

Will need to see GP for the eye infection on Monday, so will ask then, but would there be any reason if fever came on today to see someone sooner? At this stage, am I best to treat fever with paracetamol?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

HJBeans Sun 12-Jul-15 19:27:40

Bump

PontyGirl Sun 12-Jul-15 19:41:19

I would go the GP for a quick check over but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about smile they will be more than happy to see you and put your mind at ease. congratulations and I hope you feel better soon!

PontyGirl Sun 12-Jul-15 19:42:22

oh and wrt fever, if it goes above 38, I would give 111 a call and ask for advice. paracetamol is fine though and should keep it at bay

HJBeans Sun 12-Jul-15 22:24:09

Many thanks for the reply. Feeling much better through the day, so hopefully nothing serious at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now