Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

25 weeks and the exhaustion is back

(10 Posts)
TenPinkFairies Sat 11-Jul-15 21:04:20

Utter, to the bone, exhaustion. I have naps every day when the kids in nursery. Nothing helps. 9pm on a sat night and about to go to bed now... Had about 8 weeks from week 16 when I could get through the day with the aid of a nap and feel just about normal, but now think i will never feel anything other than tired ever again. aaargh

LorryHen Sat 11-Jul-15 21:06:54

I know how you feel! I'm 25 weeks too and my oh congratulated me on still being awake at half 9 last night.

It's rubbish!

mrswishywashy Sat 11-Jul-15 21:07:59

Me too, I'm 23 weeks. Had an ok first trimester if I slept well and was ok until about 18 weeks when I got tonsillitis and I can't seem to catch up now. Struggling to stop eating lots as when I'm tired I keep thinking eating will help and it doesn't. Just exhausted all the time. I've a GP appt in two weeks and will be asking for iron test if it comes back ok will just rest as much as possible.

I'm a maternity nurse I'm very used to tiredness and broken sleep but this exhaustion throws me. I start with a new baby tomorrow night and not sure how I'll cope with no sleep.

TenPinkFairies Sat 11-Jul-15 21:14:00

mrswishywashy - I would love a maternity nurse! what do you do exactly? (this is wishful thinking - well beyond our means! but would love to know0

mrswishywashy Sun 12-Jul-15 23:18:13

Wish i could afford a maternity nurse too.

My job is to support new parents. I work 24 hour shifts five or six days per week. I support breast feeding, expressing and bottle feed. Teach baby care techniques. Help parents get rest eg I have baby in room with me and will take to mum to feed. It's a lovely job.

GiddyOnZackHunt Sun 12-Jul-15 23:21:02

Ask for your iron levels to be re checked.

Cornberry Sun 12-Jul-15 23:22:33

This happened to me around 28 weeks. Turned out to be low iron and the GP put me on supplements which helped a lot. Ask for a blood test.

mummyneedinganswers Mon 13-Jul-15 03:01:56

I'm19 weeks and the eexhaustion hasn't went yet had it since the start. Need a nap everyday and Iam 24/7 uuncomfortabledue to spinal problems so sleep is like a distant memory to me

Turquoiseblue Mon 13-Jul-15 07:32:19

Iron levels- dietician told me second trimester is all about iron - baby needs lots of it this you re levels drop easily. I was the same, the tiredness sort of snuck up on me too, generally low energy and needing to sleep earlier that progressed to fog headed ness and then breathlessness.
Few days of iron supplements and it s improving grin.

Skiptonlass Mon 13-Jul-15 12:31:18

My iron levels are really high and I still feel knackered sad

Lovely job indeed mrsww! They are lucky to have you - must be exhausting though, do you do this long term or short term with recovery breaks in between?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: