Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How was your baby bond ultrasound experience?

(15 Posts)
newmama91 Sat 11-Jul-15 19:14:01

So basically I'm a tad impatient and paranoid so decided to book a private justGender scan at Babybond Ultrasound Direct in Edinburgh for the 19th next Sunday as the 20 week scan isn't until the 31st and I can't wait that long.

It's just to reassure me more than anything else and it was the cheapest scan they had to offer. They'll check the well-being of the baby and tell me the sex if they can for £39.

I'm just wondering if anyone has been to the one in Edinburgh or any other one and how your experience was?

DefinitelyNotElsa Sat 11-Jul-15 19:24:03

I went to Babybond in Hertford for a dating scan and they were fab. I was really pleased with the experience and would definitely return if I wanted an additional scan at any point.

MrsAnxiety1 Sat 11-Jul-15 19:25:10

We didn't have that particular scan and we didn't have it at the Edinburgh location, but we did have a very positive experience of our scan with them. The lady who did ours was a local NHS sonographer, was very thorough and very nice about it. We got lots of pictures (some better than others) and a lot of detailed information (though if you're doing the gender scan you might not get this). All in all, a very positive experience.

mrschatty Sat 11-Jul-15 19:26:03

Hello- I went for dating at the Manchester branch was very pleased...so impressed that when I actually had my nhs 12wk I was shocked at the difference! We're definitely going to return near the end of the pregnancy!!

Baguettes Sat 11-Jul-15 19:31:30

I've been to the Wimbledon and Kingston ones. Both bloody brilliant. Wonderful sonographers, very professional, lovely atmosphere.

lauraa4 Sat 11-Jul-15 19:32:15

I also went to babybond for a justgender scan at 19 weeks. They do check the baby over which was very reassuring. Overall the experience was good and would definitely recommend smile

Amyyy27 Sat 11-Jul-15 20:31:11

Went to the one at Gateshead, an early reassurance scan at 8 weeks and the longer gender scan at 18 weeks. 2 different sonographers but both lovely and such a great experience I wish I could have all my scans with them!! They were also correct with my gender scan smile I can't recommend them enough!

mummyneedinganswers Sat 11-Jul-15 21:14:36

I had the baby bong gender scan at 79 pound in Belfast where they check the baby's development and it was fantastic they showed me the brain and stomach developing and everything let me hear her heartbeat. I went for my first one at 16 weeks and they couldn't be sure as she was still small and had her legs closed so they asked me to go away and return in two weeks to rescan free of charge which I thought was fantastic. I was really pleasedwith how both my sscans went

mummyneedinganswers Sat 11-Jul-15 21:15:55

Oh and also said it was a girl x

happybunny2014 Sat 11-Jul-15 21:25:04

I had a scan with them to find out what we were having with DD1 as at my nhs 20 week scan they weren't certain. I went to Preston. It was fantastic! Lovely sonographer who gave us a lovely experience overall. Loved it. Would recommend highly.

whatsoever Sat 11-Jul-15 21:40:10

Been to the Manchester branch for viability scans with my current and last pregnancies after a missed miscarriage with my first. I've found them great both times. Professional, sympathetic, and obviously because you're paying, they have more time to explain stuff. And you see everything on a big screen.

Ceejay14 Sat 11-Jul-15 22:03:40

I went to the one near Heathrow for a 4d scan. Definitely worth it and would recommend. We have some lovely images to keep us going until he arrives (hopefully soon, as he's due Monday).

MummyOf3Beauties Tue 14-Jul-15 18:47:09

I went for a Just Gender scan at the Babybond branch in Leeds last night!

I loved it and it was soooooo worth the £39. They told me I am having a girl after I have had 2 boys so hope they were right about that bit, suppose I'll find out on 29th July when I go for my NHS 20 Week scan smile

Choccyhobnob Wed 15-Jul-15 11:35:53

I had an 8 week early scan and an 18 week gender scan at one in Maidstone and thought both were great smile

pinkie87 Wed 15-Jul-15 12:35:04

I had a Gender Scan with babybond in Hove at 16 weeks. I'm so glad I did, it was lovely to see the skinny little bub in 4D. They did a quick health check but obviously it was mainly a gender scan. Made me cry as I instantly felt closer to him after knowing his sex.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now