Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does this sound like round ligament pain?

(3 Posts)
Frillsandspills Sat 11-Jul-15 17:59:01

I've heard a lot about round ligament pain but to be honest I have no idea if this is what I'm experience (I'm not that good with trying to explain aches and pains).

I'm 17+1 with my first and over the past few days I've had sharp pains underneath my belly button. It's not too painful and last a few second and it does feel like something stretching. I've also been experiencing mild cramps. My belly isn't as flat as it was and although I don't have a bump her there's a definite 'speed bump' sort of thing going on so I'm wondering whether it's some sort of growth spurt?
it tends to get crampy if I press on my 'bump' when lying down but not all the time.

I had a scan 5 days ago and everything was fine. Just checking this seems normal?

YeOldTrout Sun 12-Jul-15 06:25:21

I thought RL pain came much later, when you had a proper bump going.

MadC0w Sun 12-Jul-15 07:43:59

I started getting round ligament pain about that time & it felt like stitch (really only happened for me when I was exercising). It would last a few min and lasted until ~25 weeks ish (I think). Before that though I got sharper pains that lasted a few seconds when going from sitting to standing. Think the midwife called these 'pulling pains' and is your uterus growing out of your pelvis. Not sure if this helps but thought I'd share my experiences!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now