Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So I'm fecking HUGE...

(11 Posts)
Wishful80sMontage Sat 11-Jul-15 17:32:34

I'm massive and only 18 weeks!
Last time I didn't show until 24 weeks or so and gained no weight at all really- 18 pounds while pregnancy.
I've gained 17 already in first 18 weeks! I could weep. A lady asked me today if I'm due soon?!
Will it start to ease off- do I need to speak to midwife this feels out if control sad

Newtobecomingamum Sat 11-Jul-15 19:22:06

I'm 15 weeks and trod on the scales (never weighed myself with DC1 but had the urge today as feel huge) and I've put on nearly two stone!! I was a slim size 10 and I've had horrible HG (you would have thought is lost weight!) but when I have been eating I've had to eat carbs to keep sickness at bay (but not at an ale taking rate apart from 1 crazy day) and I can't understand it!! I feel as big and look as big as I did at full term with my son!!

sad

Newtobecomingamum Sat 11-Jul-15 19:22:44

*Alarming rate

Wishful80sMontage Sat 11-Jul-15 19:34:40

Snap new I've had to eat to stop the sickness this time and was passing out and having dizzy spells- last time I went right off everything bar toast.

Baguettes Sat 11-Jul-15 19:35:45

I am also feeling whale-like. It's shit. I've been carb loading to keep sickness at bay. Ugh.

Wishful80sMontage Sat 11-Jul-15 19:41:51

Bloody carbs! sad
It's such a contrast to when I was expecting dd everyone saying 'are you sure it's not twins' fuck off

Wishful80sMontage Sat 11-Jul-15 20:33:49

Oh dear sad weighed myself worse than I thought it's actually 20 pounds in 18 weeks! That's before I've eaten dinner and I'm on holiday next week so I'll gain even more then!

Lulum212 Sat 11-Jul-15 21:44:04

Yup same here! I'm 18 weeks and this is my first. I was so sick, it was carbs all day long. Get terrible acid too so eating and gaviscon are the only relief. I don't want to know my weight but people with no tact can't help themselves. Twins, over eating, wrong due date, carrying extra fluid are amongst the comments I hear every day!

Wishful80sMontage Sun 12-Jul-15 08:15:02

I had terrible acid last time lulum I used to have to sleep practically sitting up to stop being sick sad
I'm hoping once my morning sickness goes I can go back to eating a better diet I've begin eating lots if pasta, bread and crisps- my plan is to walk twice a day like I used to and try and slow this weight gain right down.

KateRaeganandMichael Sun 12-Jul-15 14:29:24

Same. I am due 4/10/15 and I was asked yesterday if I was going to pop any day when I said no I've got three months left she was like "good luck with that hahaha" I laughed with her but I was weeping inside. A lot of people have been saying that it might look as though I'm bigger as I had hyperemisis and lost A LOT of weight early on or that its just that he's going to be a big boy. At every midwife/consultant app I've asked is he measuring bigger (I'm terrified about gestational diabetes) and they've all said no and to basically lay off the cakes (joy lol) gah pregnancy gah! Lol x

NinjaPanda34 Sun 12-Jul-15 14:32:56

Just console yourself with the fact that it's not twins... By 37+6, I had a 55 inch waist and had put on nearly 50lbs. I got "are you sure it's ONLY twins?" hmm smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now