Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 weeks + 1 - no symptoms

(14 Posts)
Rose58 Sat 11-Jul-15 16:37:02

I know this has been posted a million times over in the past, I'm just looking for reassurance. I am 5+1 weeks and have no symptoms whatsoever. No breast tenderness, fatigue or sickness. I've had some creamy discharge and a tiny but of cramping and one tiny spot around implantation. CB tests have come back strong positive. I'm petrified of a missed MC. I am almost 27 and this is our first. Thanks x

Paperblank Sat 11-Jul-15 16:57:13

Hi,

I am 5 + 1 as well. Not a symptom here either apart from a dislike of tea. However I have been out today and after last nights Chinese I know what I'll look like in six months!

jurisane Sat 11-Jul-15 17:06:33

You still have plenty of time to develop all those horrid pregnancy symptoms you've heard about. Try not to worry so much and enjoy it while you can. My breasts grew quickly but were never "tender" and the nausea didn't kick in until about 6 or 7 weeks.

Unless you have lots of cramps and more fresh red bleeding you should be OK. Home pregnancy tests are a little bit of a sticky issue with me because I know from experience you can continue to test positive even over a month AFTER an MC. Everyone is different.

Stay positive. I really hope your pregnancy goes well WITHOUT all that nasty nausea. flowers

ifgrandmahadawilly Sat 11-Jul-15 17:14:52

I never had any symptoms other than creamy discharge until week 6. Then full on morning sickness. Ugh.

Sanch1 Sat 11-Jul-15 17:44:38

I didn't get anything until about 7 weeks, and then it was only slight nausea.

Appleblossom82 Sat 11-Jul-15 18:12:56

Only symptoms here were sore boobs and extreme tiredness. Never had much sickness at all to be honest. Was sick maybe a handful of times in the first tri. Not everyone gets loads of symptoms so dont worry.

Rose58 Sat 11-Jul-15 18:14:28

Thank you for reassuring me mumsnetters. When did your symptoms start if you didn't say? Post 5 weeks?

AThousandTears Sat 11-Jul-15 20:06:57

With my first I had no symptoms at all other than feeling very very tired at around 8-9 weeks. I think even after that it was just the obvious bump! Nothing else.

I'm currently 5+6 and feel sick all the time! Can't eat anything without being sick an hour later. Feel dreadful!

Good luck to you, enjoy feeling normal for as long as it lasts!

whatsoever Sat 11-Jul-15 21:44:34

I'm on my third pregnancy and on all 3 the sickness didn't kick in until 6.5 weeks. Felt knackered before that but with 2 of them, nothing you couldn't have put down to a hard week at work or a few late nights. Slightly sore boobs, but again nothing worse than being pre menstrual really.

Gillian1980 Sat 11-Jul-15 23:26:28

My symptoms didn't kick in until 7-8 weeks ish. Nausea went on from then until 20 something weeks, it was horrific, make the most of not having it yet!

chopsface Sun 12-Jul-15 14:45:34

I got my first nausea at 5+5 and sickness at 6w! Before the nausea started I had a mild hangover headachy feeling. At 12/13 weeks I got really sick and I'm still on antti sickness drugs at 18w :-(

Hope you don't get sickness op, it's pretty rank!

cloudjumper Sun 12-Jul-15 15:00:14

It's completely normal. Every pregnancy is different - with DS, I started feeling sick at 5-6 weeks, now I'm pg with my second and didn't feel anything until 8 weeks. And I know lots of people who didn't have any symptoms at all lucky sods

Me624 Sun 12-Jul-15 18:04:12

I posted this exact thread last week! I'm 6+2 and no symptoms yet. I had some nausea on Friday but tbh I think it was because I had just eaten loads! Lots of ladies posted that they'd had no symptoms either which was reassuring for me. I am trying to stay away from the internet as I don't think it's helping me much ... she says while clearly coming back for more

Luckygirlcharlie Sun 12-Jul-15 20:41:00

Hi Rose I'm 5+1 too and not much either - just mega tired and have had some horrible headaches which most likely are down to sudden withdrawal from heavy caffeine habit! I'm worried about why my boobs don't hurt! I had lower backache last time but nothing this time. Pretty sure the tiredness says I'm still pg tho. Feel totally done in! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now