Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hay fever and pregnant? Try this

(7 Posts)
PearTree201 Sat 11-Jul-15 16:24:56

My hay fever has come back with a vengeance this year sad.

Have been looking online for what I can take when pregnant but the advice is woolly including on the nhs website.

I went into boots and they gave me their own allergy barrier nasal spray which is actually a powder spray. £8.99 for 200 applications.

The reviews online are surprisingly good. Hopeful that this will help as it's been making me miserable.

Hopefully this will help someone else too!

ARV1981 Sat 11-Jul-15 16:48:30

I tried it and it didn't help me sad hope it's better for you!

PearTree201 Sat 11-Jul-15 16:54:32

sad Oh no! The reviews are really good!

Did you find anything else worked that you could take?

ClaimedByMe Sat 11-Jul-15 16:55:30

Have you tried an air purifier, I got one for ds for his bedroom as I dont want him taking too many medications, it made such a difference to his sleep, we wasnt waking up really early and wasnt waking up sneezing with puffy eyes.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Sat 11-Jul-15 16:59:27

I had pregnancy related rhinitis and was fobbed off by the midwives who told me it was hayfever

Eventually, my DH who is a dentist and generally unsympathetic! was so concerned that he made me go to the docs as he thought it was rhinitis but couldn't really legitimately prescribe me anything

The doctor was actually very sympathetic and cross that the midwife hadn't advised an appointment. I got anti-histamine a and it made a huge difference. By that stage i was about 30 weeks and was generally having 2 hour sneezing fits a night between 2 - 4am.

If that doesn't work, I would really recommend going to the doctors.

ARV1981 Sat 11-Jul-15 17:02:00

No, I haven't found anything that works sad just soldiering on...

PearTree201 Sat 11-Jul-15 17:08:44

I was going to go to the docs but after reading on here about someone being referred to the pharmacy from their GP and then online directing me to a chemist I thought I'd go straight there.

Have never had much use with pharmacies when pregnant, think they're all scared to advise anything. Most times they've just said there's nothing I can take when I'm looking for anything sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now