Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy test not gettin any darker. Should I be worried?

(8 Posts)
Joey45 Sat 11-Jul-15 15:35:53

Hi, Im use looking some advice. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing. Hope someone can help. My period was due on Monday however I tested neg. I only tested positive on Thursday, 3 days late, and even then it was such a faint line. Yesterday was a faint line as well and morning urine today was still faint. Should this be getting darker by now? I'm getting very worried that I'm not getting a strong positive. With my daughter 2 years ago I got a strong pos straight away. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

NeuroticFox1 Sat 11-Jul-15 17:18:05

I didn't use the ones with lines so can't answer directly, I used the digital ones and there is a version that says number of wks on it - you could trying one of them instead to put your mind at rest?

FernGullysWoollyPully Sat 11-Jul-15 17:22:06

Congratulations on your BFP's! No you shouldn't be worried. The darkness of the line has nothing to do with it. I've never had a strong positive. Please don't be worried flowers

plonkie Sat 11-Jul-15 18:24:01

No I wouldn't worry! This exact thing happened to me and I'm now 29 weeks pregnant :-) x

plonkie Sat 11-Jul-15 18:24:41

Congratulations by the way! X

Hotpotpie Sat 11-Jul-15 18:32:42

Mine didn't, for two weeks I tortured myself because they were so faint - 26 weeks today so clearly didn't matter

Joey45 Sat 11-Jul-15 19:47:25

Thanks guys for all the reassurance. I was really worried incase it meant my levels wernt very strong and might miscarry. But im more reassured smile im gonna go to the doctor next week and get them to do a blood test just to be sure. Thanks for all the replys, i can enjoy my weekend now! Good luck with the bumps!

Baguettes Sat 11-Jul-15 20:00:24

Don't worry! Also, step away from the bloody digital tests. They are NOT an accurate indicate of rising HCG levels. The only way to tell is an HCG blood test or (in a couple of weeks) a scan.

Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now