Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling bad for having a day off work

(8 Posts)
DandelionWishes88 Sat 11-Jul-15 10:46:31

Thats just it I've been up since 4am with a really bad headache especially with bright lights, dry nose dry mouth thirsty all the time (which means toilet trips times a million) plus I'm just too hot.
now im feeling bad for phoning in sick for my 8 hour late night shift. Ive never been off any of my pregnancy and im 24weeks.
just feeling crappy.....confused

fanjodisfunction Sat 11-Jul-15 11:02:00

you shouldn't feel crappy at all. and work will understand.

have you told your midwife about your headaches and being thirsty?

MissMartin10 Sat 11-Jul-15 11:44:53

i wouldn't feel bad atall you've done amazing smile x
I've just had 5 weeks off work with bad ms and im going back in on monday when im 12weeks. . i don't even feel bad ..just do what ever is best for you and your baby! that's what my manager says grin

MissMartin10 Sat 11-Jul-15 11:45:28

don't feel guilty*

MuttonCadet Sat 11-Jul-15 11:46:23

No need to martyr yourself for work, they will understand.

ARV1981 Sat 11-Jul-15 11:49:17

YY to not feeling guilty for missing a day. Work isn't as important as you and your baby.

Get medical help for the headache a tell them about the thirst - it's probably nothing, but better safe than sorry.

Put your feet up and REST. flowers

DandelionWishes88 Sat 11-Jul-15 12:08:28

Thanks everyone I'm in bed DH has made me some breakfast. Putting me and baby first

Brummiegirl15 Sat 11-Jul-15 12:11:07

I had to come home yesterday from work at 10.30am as felt so shit.

Tried to do some work at home, failed miserably and slept for 4 hours instead!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now