Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Feeling bad for having a day off work

(8 Posts)
DandelionWishes88 Sat 11-Jul-15 10:46:31

Thats just it I've been up since 4am with a really bad headache especially with bright lights, dry nose dry mouth thirsty all the time (which means toilet trips times a million) plus I'm just too hot.
now im feeling bad for phoning in sick for my 8 hour late night shift. Ive never been off any of my pregnancy and im 24weeks.
just feeling crappy.....confused

fanjodisfunction Sat 11-Jul-15 11:02:00

you shouldn't feel crappy at all. and work will understand.

have you told your midwife about your headaches and being thirsty?

MissMartin10 Sat 11-Jul-15 11:44:53

i wouldn't feel bad atall you've done amazing smile x
I've just had 5 weeks off work with bad ms and im going back in on monday when im 12weeks. . i don't even feel bad ..just do what ever is best for you and your baby! that's what my manager says grin

MissMartin10 Sat 11-Jul-15 11:45:28

don't feel guilty*

MuttonCadet Sat 11-Jul-15 11:46:23

No need to martyr yourself for work, they will understand.

ARV1981 Sat 11-Jul-15 11:49:17

YY to not feeling guilty for missing a day. Work isn't as important as you and your baby.

Get medical help for the headache a tell them about the thirst - it's probably nothing, but better safe than sorry.

Put your feet up and REST. flowers

DandelionWishes88 Sat 11-Jul-15 12:08:28

Thanks everyone I'm in bed DH has made me some breakfast. Putting me and baby first

Brummiegirl15 Sat 11-Jul-15 12:11:07

I had to come home yesterday from work at 10.30am as felt so shit.

Tried to do some work at home, failed miserably and slept for 4 hours instead!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now