Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tips for coping in last few weeks

(5 Posts)
Nottalotta Sat 11-Jul-15 09:15:24

I am really starting to struggle. Not sleeping well (general discomfort, very swollen feet, numb hands, snoring, dribbling, burping .......) so very tired. No energy. 37wks today and a week left to work. So much that i wanted to have done and haven't done any of it!

PotteringAlong Sat 11-Jul-15 09:19:50

First baby? Relax, do all the stuff you won't be able to do soon - cinema, beauty stuff, walking out of the house on a whim at 7pm, long relaxing meals etc etc

Subsequent baby? You just have to get through it. I found heavily pregnant with a 2 year old really really tough and you have my sympathies flowers

purplesprings Sat 11-Jul-15 09:46:17

can you have a phased departure from work? My last two weeks I just worked mornings which was helpful. Keeping busy helped too

Luciferbox Sat 11-Jul-15 18:14:22

I have no tips but I just wanted to say I feel your pain. 37+3 with DC2 with another week of work to go and I'm struggling.

Lunastarfish Sat 11-Jul-15 19:36:12

If it's any consolation I found the 37th week the worst (after morning sickness phase). I'm 39+6 now and don't feel anywher near as bad as that week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now