Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

31 weeks, tired and emotional

(8 Posts)
whizzy1980 Sat 11-Jul-15 08:57:46

Not really looking for any advice, but more to let off steam and find out I'm not the only one (I hope!)

I'm just feeling completely knackered at the moment and am constantly on the verge of tears. This is DC2, my DD is 2yrs 8 months and full of attitude, getting anything is achieved is a battle of wills and my patience is rapidly diminishing which means we end up arguing. Anyone else feel like 2yo are just designed to give you a glimpse of life with a teenager in the future?!

I'm working 4 days, and have another 6 weeks of work to go. Everything is pretty quiet at work, which has pros and cons, but the whole effort of getting us out the house for 8, home at 6 and then straight into bedtime routines is draining me.

The house is a tip, the sum total of preparation for the new baby is 3 new babygros.

DH commutes long days, and is spending weekends working or decorating the house. He does do quite a lot but there just aren't enough hours and he is getting brunt of my emotional grumps.

I just want a break where I'm not responsible for anything or anyone for a bit, but can't see any opportunity in the foreseeable future. Argh!

Does anyone else feel like this?!

Nottalotta Sat 11-Jul-15 09:06:12

Yes!! I do. I am 37wks today, #1. I am so tired, struggling with sleep. Nothing wrong with me other than being pregnant, but being pregnant is becoming such a struggle. We have bought/been given everything we need and its mostly in the spare room which already looked like a hoarders paradise thank you DH

DH does work long hours too, getting up at 4am 6 days a week and 6am on the 7th day. I work full time too. We have plans to 'get on with stuff' the last few weekends but have both been exhausted we have achieved almost nothing! Today the day.. ..

Nottalotta Sat 11-Jul-15 09:07:46

Oh and I have a week left at work. I was signed off by the GP a few weeks ago for stress, there's no way i wouldcstill be at work otherwise.

Novia Sat 11-Jul-15 09:10:48

Can't help but can sympathise as I'm in a similar situation. 29 weeks with a 2 year old and working 4 days a week. I'm knackered and can't keep up. DH is working long hours so I feel all the life-laundry is up to me. Haven't even though about the new baby.

whizzy1980 Sat 11-Jul-15 16:18:22

Nottalotta - not long now, you can do it! One more week and you can breathe and relax �� once you are home just sleep whenever you feel like, not just night! You may well find you get a last blast of energy once you are not working and you'll tick lots of your list.

Novia - it's just relentless isn't it?! Seriously considering taking a day off work when DD is in nursery to just sit in peace and quiet for a while!

ShootTheMoon Sat 11-Jul-15 16:30:03

Whizzy, are you me? grin

I'm 30 weeks with a 3.5 yo, working 4 days a week and finishing in 6 weeks. I'm anaemic and shattered, but struggling to sleep. DH works long days which involve being away a lot and our house needs everything renovating/decorating, which takes a lot of our time and income. And it's impossible to keep clean.

Today I tried to have a nap while DH took DC1 out but I was awakened by the postman just as I was drifting off!

I am so tired and DC1's constant activity/arguing/questioning and chatter is so draining. I don't know how on earth we'll cope when mat leave starts and there's no childcare - probably 2-3 weeks of spending a lot of time trying to entertain a speedy and bored child!

Nottalotta Sat 11-Jul-15 17:37:06

Today so wasn't the day. I got the Moses basket bedding washed and dried, and the rest of the hospital bag packed. Oh well, the child has somewhere to sleep at least.

TimeforaDietCoke Sat 11-Jul-15 19:01:54

Me too! 35 weeks, tired and stressed about finishing work next week and about getting everything sorted for the baby. Have shouted at poor DH twice when I never do that. He's in hiding upstairs while I'm skulking about downstairs angry not sure the anger is better or worse than the crying which we had last weekend! Oh dear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now