Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I know canesten is safe but is the internal cream and/or pessary safe too?

(5 Posts)
mayaknew Fri 10-Jul-15 21:30:14

On top of sickness tiredness and constipation I now have ducking thrush angry

This is going to be a loooong 9 months sadsad

KittyBennett Fri 10-Jul-15 21:30:45

Yes it is.

weelamb123 Sat 11-Jul-15 00:02:04

Yes, they recommend peserie rather than the oral tablet just don't use the applicator. I used around 28 weeks & it was fine and haven't been bothered with thrush since (now 38 weeks). Xxx

Carrie5608 Sat 11-Jul-15 00:17:05

Yes but you have to get from GP. Not from chemist as thrush can be a sign of gestational diabetes and your GP should be alert to this. Pharmacies are not allowed to sell it to pregnant ladies.

daisedandconfused Mon 13-Jul-15 12:31:42

I had thrush twice following antibiotics and doctor said the pessary was fine (don't use applicator). Doc said he could prescribe it or I could just get it myself. If you aren't showing you should be able to buy it fine. Also checkouts at supermarkets will be less likely to question you. If in doubt, I would just call your doctor and ask over the phone; this is what I did and much less faff than making an appointment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now