Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38+4 weeks pregnant, getting frequent braxton hicks, is it common?

(4 Posts)
Shasha123 Fri 10-Jul-15 19:29:09

getting about 7 to 8 times braxton hicks in an hour. Last night I felt the belly dropped and felt bit easy to breathe after the braxton hicks but after having lunch today, its back again, weird! I thought once it dropped it will stay there but its not happening. Does anyone knows if its common to have frequent braxton hicks? Is it a good sign? I am so worried if I pass 40 weeks because my bump is way too big and making my life so uncomfortable so I really wish her to come on time. Also, I am so worried about giving birth. I guess its the same for all first mums. My sisters had c-sections and had horrible time. But I am planning for water birth at home. So worried if things doesn't go according to plan.

NickyEds Fri 10-Jul-15 21:24:13

I don't know if frequent bh are common but I've been getting them for the past 2/3 weeks (I'm 39+3). Mine generally last around 30 seconds and I can get them as often as every 10-15 minutes some days and much less other days. They're a pita but the consultant said that it's normal and they'll be "ripening my cervix"-nice! I got nowhere near this many with ds though. It's probably just a sign that you're body's gearing up to have your baby.

Rosenwyn1985 Sat 11-Jul-15 12:41:40

Second baby but having them a fair bit, particularly in the evening for some reason. I'm 34+2 and it's been happening since I was about 27 weeks (apparently earlier with subsequent pregnancies). Midwife said not to worry unless it turned into the real thing. Uncomfortable though as they seem to get Really frequent as I'm going to bed!

Shasha123 Sat 11-Jul-15 20:19:37

My belly dropped after frequent braxton hicks which I thought was engaged but the other day belly is up again and difficult to breath again. I thought once it drops it stays like that but it didn't. So confused what is happening. Today I was in the bus and felt some discharge. I thought it might be show or water break but actually it was just a vaginal discharge. Anyone having vaginal discharge? Everyday living so curious and confused life lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now