Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain - I need help...

(5 Posts)
gemsparkle84 Fri 10-Jul-15 15:39:27

This is a really long story so I will try to keep it brief and straight to the point. I have suffered with severe chronic pain in my ischium (sitting bones)/ coccyx/ rear pelvic area. I do not know where the pain is coming from I can only generally say where I experience it from. My pain is not pregnancy related, I am only a few weeks pregnant and I have experienced with for around 8 months now. I have had a pelvic X-ray - normal. A pelvic ultrasound - normal. Several GP appts. I then developed a cough which I had for around 7 weeks. I convinced myself I had cancer (from the pelvic pain) and it had spread to my lungs. I had a chest X-ray -normal. I then had full bloods which were normal apart from showed raised ESR - inflammatory markers. I have severe anxiety anyway. Nobody seems to take my pain seriously, I live with this daily. I have a very active job- (self employed) manager in restaurant so am on my feet 24/7 pretty much. I'm so excited about my new pregnancy but then I stop myself being happy because I'm almost convinced I'm going to die from whatever is causing this pain. My Mum passed away last year after a long battle with breast cancer. I'm just so anxious all of the time. I don't know what is causing my pain, I'm driving my poor husband mad (although he is nothing apart from supportive and loving). I just feel lost. My first midwife appt isn't until 11.8.

mrsatkinson Fri 10-Jul-15 19:32:39

I have no experience on the pain issue, and really sympathise that nobody seems to be taking you seriously. have you tried alternative therapysuch as acupuncture/raiki/reflexology? I have no experience with any of these but have heard amazing things.

as far as being overly anxious I do understand that. I was concerned when I became pregnant as my mum had a suspected ectopic pregnancy when I was much younger which turned out to be a blood clot in her stomach. 9 years ago she died of stomach cancer, so I was adamant somwthing like this would happen to me as I have suffered with stomach problems. not severe or ongoing ones, just enough to make me anxious.
all I can suggest (easier said than done) is to try alternative therapy and relaxation techniques. You shouldnt live your life wondering 'what if'. smile

Skiptonlass Fri 10-Jul-15 20:03:14

Did you at any point slip and fall on your bum? It's really easy to bash your coccyx and it can be surprisingly painful, as well as taking ages to heal.

It's also possible that being on your feet all day is putting strain on your back and hips. Muscular issues can again be very painful but wouldn't show up on x rays.

If I were you I'd go and see a good physio and join a Pilates class. You also say you're very anxious and had convinced yourself of a very dire diagnosis - again, these things can be exacerbated by situations like the illness and death of a loved one - sometimes our emotional pain gets expressed as physical pain. I don't mean to make that sound like it's all in your head - the pain itself is very real! I think you need to talk to your GP about your grief and anxiety as well.

Allisgood1 Fri 10-Jul-15 20:28:12

What do Drs say about inflammatory markers ?

gemsparkle84 Fri 10-Jul-15 20:41:30

Just to keep an eye on them. It could be anything even a cough. I've got to have my bloods retaken in a couple of weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now