Talk

Advanced search

Morning Sickness early?

(12 Posts)
Kalyissa Fri 10-Jul-15 12:04:53

Hey. This week I have found out I am pregnant after TTC for 14 months. According to apps and the midwife who I spoke to on the phone I am in the 4th week. (Last AF started 9th June)
Today I have thrown up several times and been feeling nauseous for no reason.

Is it common for morning sickness to start that early? Every where I read it said 6 weeks onwards

Skiptonlass Fri 10-Jul-15 12:23:38

I started being sick at about 3.5 weeks. I'm still sick at approaching 26 weeks.

Your mw is partially right. It's most common to start about six weeks but some women do experience it much earlier. Keep hydrated and try to nibble small things because the less you eat and drink the worse it gets.

If you're not peeing, unable to keep down fluids etc you need to see your doctor.

Quills Fri 10-Jul-15 13:02:17

All 5 of my pregnancies I threw up before I even got a positive test result. Do what you can to stay hydrated, especially in this heat - ice pops were a lifesaver for me when pregnant in the summer.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Mintyy Fri 10-Jul-15 13:04:55

Well, it could be morning sickness or it could be a bug. Who knows.

ShirleySmears Fri 10-Jul-15 13:26:52

I was sick before a positive test too....and every single day of the pregnancy

Congratulations grin

contractor6 Fri 10-Jul-15 14:02:13

Sick before BFP too. Time to get some bland food in the house, toast, crackers ginger biscuits. Consider changing vit pill too
pregnacare made me very queasy. Congratulations flowers

MummyPiggy87 Fri 10-Jul-15 14:27:44

Your body and hormones start to change from the day of conception.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 10-Jul-15 14:56:18

I was sick from practically day one, that's why I tested so early. Congratulations thanks

clarabellski Fri 10-Jul-15 15:22:16

I had MS & extreme tiredness before I knew I was pregnant. It was that which then made me think 'when was my last period?....oh shit!'. I know know that was around 4 weeks.

PaperFlowers Fri 10-Jul-15 16:08:02

I was sick from a couple of days after I tested at 3.5 weeks. Looking back, I had been feeling quesy for a few days before that.

Mine peaked at 9/10 weeks and at 14 weeks I'm pretty much over it, so doesn't necesarrily mean your in for the long haul. Congratulations!

Kalyissa Fri 10-Jul-15 18:50:43

Thanks all for your words hoping it doesn't last long. Was quite revolting throwing up what I just ate hehe. Nervous as hell and really want to get past this 12 week period

Shootingstar2289 Fri 10-Jul-15 21:25:49

I had it from week 4 with my first so very possible. Hope you feel better soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now