Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

I feel like a big bag of wind

(5 Posts)
Junosmum Fri 10-Jul-15 11:48:23

Bit of a rant really. I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and I'm just so bloated and gassy! I don't think a whole week goes by where I don't have at least one day where I'm in actual proper pain with gas. The pain was so bad one week and lasted for 5 days that my midwife sent me to EPAU for a scan for suspected ectopic pregnancy. Thankfully after cutting out special K and all kinds of beans it hasn't been that bad since.

I used to have IBS but going on the pill made it much better so I just think it's that. But I'm so full of gas - I'm constantly burping and farting. My diet is good, plenty of veg and stuff but I can't eat too much fibre as that makes it so much worse.

Sorry. Rant over. I know it'll all be worth it in the end!

scarednoob Fri 10-Jul-15 12:01:38

one of the best things for trapped wind is yoga positions - there is one in particular, where you get on all fours (make sure your hands are under your shoulders as your wrists are softer in pregnancy) and make a sort of figure of 8 with your hips, bum in the air like a really sexy marauding cat on a garden wall.

try googling some pregnancy yoga positions and see how you get on, but you might find this helps!*

*disclaimer: not responsible for any sound barrier breaking side effects, obnoxious gases or rage from other occupiers of the house that might result

Junosmum Fri 10-Jul-15 15:34:05

Thanks, I'll give the sexy allycat pose a go!

scarednoob Fri 10-Jul-15 15:44:52

yowling is optional

Frillsandspills Fri 10-Jul-15 18:27:54

The sexy allycat pose was a life saver for me. I'm convinced my baby is just one big bag of air to be honest I'm constantly deflating and I can't help it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now