Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I feel like a big bag of wind

(5 Posts)
Junosmum Fri 10-Jul-15 11:48:23

Bit of a rant really. I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and I'm just so bloated and gassy! I don't think a whole week goes by where I don't have at least one day where I'm in actual proper pain with gas. The pain was so bad one week and lasted for 5 days that my midwife sent me to EPAU for a scan for suspected ectopic pregnancy. Thankfully after cutting out special K and all kinds of beans it hasn't been that bad since.

I used to have IBS but going on the pill made it much better so I just think it's that. But I'm so full of gas - I'm constantly burping and farting. My diet is good, plenty of veg and stuff but I can't eat too much fibre as that makes it so much worse.

Sorry. Rant over. I know it'll all be worth it in the end!

scarednoob Fri 10-Jul-15 12:01:38

one of the best things for trapped wind is yoga positions - there is one in particular, where you get on all fours (make sure your hands are under your shoulders as your wrists are softer in pregnancy) and make a sort of figure of 8 with your hips, bum in the air like a really sexy marauding cat on a garden wall.

try googling some pregnancy yoga positions and see how you get on, but you might find this helps!*

*disclaimer: not responsible for any sound barrier breaking side effects, obnoxious gases or rage from other occupiers of the house that might result

Junosmum Fri 10-Jul-15 15:34:05

Thanks, I'll give the sexy allycat pose a go!

scarednoob Fri 10-Jul-15 15:44:52

yowling is optional

Frillsandspills Fri 10-Jul-15 18:27:54

The sexy allycat pose was a life saver for me. I'm convinced my baby is just one big bag of air to be honest I'm constantly deflating and I can't help it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now