Talk

Advanced search

Smart maternity trousers

(21 Posts)
Junosmum Fri 10-Jul-15 09:08:14

I'm really struggling to find smart maternity trousers for work - I've been asked not to wear skirts or dresses (though I'm not sure why) and so my usual wardrobe is smart trousers, usually from next in the sale, and a smart top.

I'm really struggling to find smart maternity trousers which a) don't cost a bomb and b) aren't flippin linen - I hate linen trousers and they look horrendous on me!

Please help. I'm currently scouring ebay to no avail. And my normal trousers won't last much longer!

WannabeLaraCroft Fri 10-Jul-15 10:02:45

Hmm if they're asking you not to wear skirts/dresses tell them to fuck off provide you with maternity wear themselves!

Not helpful, but I got mine from eBay. They were ex-Mothercare ones, perfect.

Try Next, they have a lot. ie www.next.co.uk/g4d4196s7#652131g30

New Look have cheaper ones too. www.next.co.uk/g4d4196s7#652131g30

It's awkward, I know. Linen everywhere! I have really short legs too so struggle with the 'standard' length of most trousers!

happygojo Fri 10-Jul-15 10:04:19

I bought mine off amazon, they were super long but I just turned them up. They have been awesome for work

cloudjumper Fri 10-Jul-15 10:09:34

I've seen some on ASOS and Jojomamanbebe, also, have you tried Boden? Not the cheapest, but they sometimes have really good deals.

Otherwise I second Next and New Look for decent mat clothes that don't cost the earth.

WeePoppy Fri 10-Jul-15 11:40:04

I have bought a pair from Zeta Ville on Amazon. They are well cut, comfy and cheap. They do come in 34 inner leg so I had to shorten them but I knew that before buying.

MummyPiggy87 Fri 10-Jul-15 11:59:05

There a pair on mothercarea website for £11 which I'm getting delivered into store!

youlemming Fri 10-Jul-15 12:57:49

I got mine from New Look, some stores hold them in stock or you can order on their website, they are not expensive �15-�20 so I have 2 pairs for work which I rotate over the week.

lilac3033 Fri 10-Jul-15 13:23:30

I got my pair for work from H&M. They have some good stuff that isn't too expensive.
Also pretty sure they can't just ask you not to wear skirts/dresses now that you are pregnant!! Smacks of discrimination to me, unless that is the dress code for all women.

Junosmum Fri 10-Jul-15 15:32:30

If not a no skirts and dresses since I got pregnant, just my boss doesn't think anyone should wear a shirt that's above mid calf length- and seriously, what she says goes sad

Junosmum Fri 10-Jul-15 15:33:10

And thanks for the suggestion. I'll get looking smile

WannabeLaraCroft Fri 10-Jul-15 17:05:50

I've got a black plain maxi dress, got it from Asda - surely that would be acceptable? Think it was £14.

KateRaeganandMichael Fri 10-Jul-15 21:17:24

H&m ones are good. The pairs I have have discreet slits at the ankle to help you out your shoes on - very handy. I'm not a fan of buying clothes online especially when sizing when you are pregnant can be a mile out. H&m all the way!

TinyMonkey Sat 11-Jul-15 09:03:28

Gap are good.

MadAngryGnome Sat 11-Jul-15 09:06:16

Don't know if you can get away with black jeans - Topshop do v comfy maternity jeans/trousers and I dressed mine up with smart shoes and tops for work.

Totally unfair to stop you wearing dresses! Stretchy dresses are way comfier.

mrsdos Sat 11-Jul-15 12:00:45

I picked up a pair of black, wide leg trousers in M&S, they were about £25 bit not maternity. They are a kind of stretchy material but not too clingy and they sit under my bump happily.. Got them in a size up and still fit nicely at 33 weeks smile hth

Sparky888 Sat 11-Jul-15 18:12:49

I wear a seraphine £49 pair almost every day.

Baguettes Sat 11-Jul-15 20:02:52

I have Gap, Seraphine and Next. All excellent.

Fizzy13 Wed 15-Jul-15 10:11:18

I've got a great pair if smart black trousers from verbaudet that I wear almost constantly for work.

quesadillas Wed 15-Jul-15 10:17:00

I got mine in New Look. Not the greatest quality, but they do the job and are comfy and cheap.

frangipani13 Wed 15-Jul-15 10:28:56

I got a pair from asos which were good for a few months but have gone quite bobbly now. Seraphine ones are supposed to be amazing but I couldn't justify the cost. I'm not sure your workplace can dictate what you wear so long as it's smart?

Dildals Wed 15-Jul-15 11:31:58

I tried loads and the only ones that looked good on me and that didn't generate their own electricity were Seraphine. But that may be out of your budget and also perhaps the other cheaper ones may look OK on you! (I may just have an odd shape...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now