Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Restless legs

(7 Posts)
quesadillas Thu 09-Jul-15 22:31:29

Aaaaggghhhh! Restless legs are driving me insane! I can't sleep despite being exhausted. Anyone else? Any ideas to try and fix it? I need my sleep!

BiscuitMillionaire Thu 09-Jul-15 22:33:39

I googled research and found that iron supplements helped me. It could also be another mineral deficiency (magnesium?) so take a good multi-vit with minerals.

quesadillas Thu 09-Jul-15 22:42:19

Already on a multi-vit. I did have anaemia last pregnancy, maybe it's back.

I wish I could just numb my legs overnight!

comeagainforbigfudge Thu 09-Jul-15 22:48:11

Oh it's torture isn't it?!!

I found a glass of water, something salty (pickled onions, salt n vinegar crisps, salty crackers for example) and a multi-vit all before bed helped me. The dissolvable multi-vit in particular.

Tonic water sometimes helped as well.

On the plus side. Baby arrived, restless legs stopped!

quesadillas Thu 09-Jul-15 22:52:38

Might try the pickled onions. Crisps and crackers are out due to gestational diabetes - this pregnancy is fun! Tonic out too, but might try slimline tomorrow.

9 weeks to go, 9 weeks to go.....

happygojo Fri 10-Jul-15 07:15:21

I have been helped by eating a few bananas (potassium) and have been taking half a magnesium vit as my preg vit only has 16% of magnesium and although it hasn't stopped completely it has been loads better.

monkey2014 Fri 10-Jul-15 16:48:15

I got a long handled bath/shower scrub brush thing, was lovely to scrub legs with as I read somewhere it might be a circulation thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now