Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Refused cervical sweep…

(5 Posts)
Excitedmummytobe00 Thu 09-Jul-15 21:11:09

today at my 40 mw appointment, my mw offered me a cervical sweep which I refused. Now I'm totally regretting the choice, I suffer really badly with spd and now just want the baby out. My mw had said the baby is 3/5ths engaged no idea what this means I now have to wait until my 41 week mw appointment for my sweep, is there anyway I can book one sooner or does anyone have any other suggestions? I know sweeps do not always work, but I can't help thinking what if

willbillycome Thu 09-Jul-15 21:32:21

have you tried just calling your midwife and saying you have changed your mind?

I begged for a sweep at 39+6 with my second but midwife wouldn't as head wasn't engaged at all during appointment (he bobbed up and down from about 34 weeks) but she then took pity on me and managed to get me in for a growth scan @hospital a few days and told me to ask there, they did it and was very successfulgrin

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Thu 09-Jul-15 21:35:20

Really mixed evidence that sweeps do anything and they can be f***king painful. I refused one with my last DC, she came all by herself the same night.

Much better idea to have a good shag grin

coneywonder Thu 09-Jul-15 21:45:41

I refused mine too and I am also thinking "what if" but I think I refused mine for a reason...and I pressume you did too. I'm gonna have one at my 41 week appointment if I'm still pregnant (40 +1) today.

I agree with pp have sex!! I think I am even though it's tricky with spd!

Excitedmummytobe00 Thu 09-Jul-15 22:44:49

I might just try to DTD that's if it's even possible with all my larger lumps and bumps aha. And that's exactly what I said I'm going to do, if I'm still pregnant on my next appointment I will accept one then. Until then the waiting game begins even more so now. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now