Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So worried

(7 Posts)
guest1234 Thu 09-Jul-15 14:04:55

hello everyone

I need a bit of reassurance - I am getting very worked up about monitoring my babies movements, I know at 23 weeks and 5 days there might not be a pattern but am not sure I will always notice a change in movements (sometimes I don't feel anything when busy at work) and am getting so worried if I don't feel anything for a while (I had a check up with the midwife this morning and everything seems well) generally I am just feeling very overwhelmed about it all and that something might go wrong (I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks in my first pregnancy) just not sure how I am going to get through the next 16 and a bit weeks! Any advice on how to keep calm and get my worries under control would be greatly appreciated!!

Appleblossom82 Thu 09-Jul-15 14:07:31

Im 23+2 and feeling very little. Odd twinge or bubble after eating or in the evening. I didn't think you were meant to monitor movement until after 28 weeks as baby is still quite small and can move to a position where you cant feel much.

Appleblossom82 Thu 09-Jul-15 14:09:11

The chances of things going wrong at this stage are very small (unlike at 6 weeks). In the nicest possible way there isnt anything you can do beyond the obvious. What will be will be flowers

guest1234 Thu 09-Jul-15 14:31:17

Hi Appleblossom82 thanks so much for your message, I think I am getting a bit ahead of myself and just need to relax! Thanks again smile

MummyPiggy87 Thu 09-Jul-15 14:40:50

I'm 21 weeks nearly and I know what you mean, I felt movement from around 15 weeks (this is my second) and suddenly she's gone very quiet during the day and comes alive at night! Hope that changes soon lol

lauraa4 Thu 09-Jul-15 16:44:19

I'm 29 weeks and had to go in for monitoring today for reduced movement. Turns out he just changed positions and I couldn't feel him smile I did suspect he was either being very lazy today or he had in fact just changed positions. However after 28 weeks they do say any change in movements should always be investigated.

I always find that Monday to Friday when I'm at work I hardly feel him or maybe don't actually notice any movement, yet when it's the weekend and I'm chilling on the sofa in my pj's he's jiggling around constantly! I too had a miscarriage at 10 weeks with my last pregnancy so understand entirely how you feel. The fact that you are already at 23 almost 24 weeks is really encouraging. To be honest my baby still isn't in any particular sort of pattern and I find that he kicks out whenever it suits him. Some babies are just like that.

scarednoob Thu 09-Jul-15 17:20:59

I am finding this the most stressful thing of all. mine just isn't a massive mover and at 27 weeks there's no pattern at all, plus hours between movements. so far I've had 2 trips to have the little hb checked with a Doppler (all fine so far thank god) and they gave in and scheduled a reassurance scan on Saturday, just to get rid of me, I suspect, as I have convinced myself that she is struggling or that there is something wrong which is why she isn't a kicker. OH is sick to the back teeth of me and tells me that she is just sick of me disturbing her! I have a posterior placenta but quite a lot of tummy fat, so maybe this is affecting what I can feel.

hopefully yours will be much easier, as you will get much more movement by 27-28 weeks, but am rambling here to say that you're not alone in worrying. I thought it would get easier when I could feel her, not harder!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now