Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hearturn

(7 Posts)
fisher1 Thu 09-Jul-15 10:44:32

Can anyone recommend anything other than Gaviscon liquids or Rennie Tablets for Heartburn? I have never been able to drink the liquids and I was ok with the tablets until they made me feel sick last week - can't even look at them now!

I have really bad heartburn which isn't helping my ALL day nausea! :-(

kbro79 Thu 09-Jul-15 10:57:54

oh you poor thing. have the same and is horrible. I went to the GP and he gave me omeprazole to take daily which really helped.

As I none medical alternative I also found snacking on almond nuts really helped too and have them by my bed to snack on as i get it really badly at night time. Much more pleasant than Gavison.

Feel better soon!

MumOfOne14 Thu 09-Jul-15 11:00:42

I went through boxes of the Orange Rennies.

heartburncity Thu 09-Jul-15 11:44:14

i feel your pain! I actually drank some cold tea yesterday in work and it helped for some strange reason. Other than that I go to for the natural yogurt and it calms the flames x

fisher1 Thu 09-Jul-15 11:59:28

Its a horrible symptom - as if feeling sick all day wasn't bad enough LOL!

I can't eat nuts, the thought of those make me feel REALLY sick. I will try the Yoghurt and see how I get on with that.

Thank you all for your advice :-)

Skiptonlass Thu 09-Jul-15 12:25:00

Olmeprazole or ranitidine. Both safe in pregnancy. Best to check with GP (they are safe but of course your GP should know and will be able to check they would be suitable for you personally.) but you can buy otc.

Ava50x Thu 09-Jul-15 17:02:02

I feel like shaking hands with you... in the exact same situation!
Feeling horrific nausea and burning all day. Gaviscon is no use, Rennie Orange used to be the most effective but now just makes me want to throw up. I've tried Tums, but also no use...
Milk sometimes helps. So does sleeping upright. But most of the time I'm just going crazy from the heartburn with no relief...

Hope things get better for you soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now