Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thrush Cream!

(6 Posts)
hazellnut56 Wed 08-Jul-15 21:55:11

Hi all, I'm almost 6weeks pregnant smile (yay!) however got some mild thrush which normally I use the bog standard cream for, however I've asked at a pharmacy and they said they'd rather not sell it to me without me checking with a Dr however I'm scared as I've used it a couple of times, I'm well aware I'm not allowed to take the pill (my condition doesn't warrant that anyway!) but I'm just unsure about the cream, thoughts?!

Unthoughtknown Wed 08-Jul-15 22:34:14

Cream and pessary both fine in pregnancy.

OhEmGeee Wed 08-Jul-15 22:34:17

You can take the cream and pessary perfectly safely whilst pregnant. But because you're pregnant they won't sell it to you over the counter. Just don't tell the pharmacist or see your GP and get a prescription.

LittlePeasMummy1 Thu 09-Jul-15 12:55:30

Here is a leaflet, hope it's helpful

www.medicinesinpregnancy.org/Medicine--pregnancy/Clotrimazole/

LostSoulsForever Thu 09-Jul-15 15:23:01

I have had recurring thrush throughout my pregnancy and have been given cream & pessary from my doctor each time. Advised against using the applicator provided for the pessary though.

Nousername2015 Thu 09-Jul-15 18:43:33

If you can give it a day or so and get a prescription you can claim it back/use your maternity exemption card. I wouldn't usually bother claiming but at about £13 for the kit I think it would be worth it, especially if it turns out to be a recurring issue.
I had it a couple of weeks ago, used the cream and pessary and it all cleared up quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now