Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Should I go back.....?

(14 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Wed 08-Jul-15 15:29:51

So I went to maternity day unit this morning due to having increased fetal movements since Monday night. (I didn't go earlier as I thought it was a good thing, until I googled it & worried myself)

Well anyway went to the unit this morning & she did a ctg, and she said to me before putting me on the monitor 'I doubt it's nothing, more movement is good' so anyway after being on the monitor for approx 30mins, she said everything is fine and I can go home.

Problem is I'm still worried.

I was told by doctor at 32wks that baby could get distressed due to my severe asthma & chest tightness which I've had on & off during the
Pregnancy.

So now I am thinking the worst! Maternity triage opens at 6, so thinking should I go there? And asked to be seen by a doctor & get a
Scan? Or am I just being silly!

Gillian1980 Wed 08-Jul-15 15:32:14

I would give the triage a ring and talk it over with them on the phone and take it from there.

UpNorth74 Wed 08-Jul-15 15:46:53

Not being silly at all - I'd definitely rather go and get a second opinion or someone to take another look. Even if its just to tell you that everything is still ok.
Your peace of mind is hugely important to the happiness of your baby!

Topsy34 Wed 08-Jul-15 16:08:28

Go back! More movement can be a sign of distress! I dont know how to decipher the report there.

Even if you go back and they just explain the the trace and check the baby again, in all likelihood everything is ok, but better to check than not and worry!

Penguinandminipenguin Wed 08-Jul-15 16:33:47

If you're concerned at all, go back! Better to be on the safe side.

allgoodthings84 Wed 08-Jul-15 17:38:36

Definitely get checked again. I had more movement after my due date and the monitoring was fine but when in labour it turned out that the cord had wrapped round my little ones body and neck and during contractions her heart rate was dropping more and more, every time I contracted the cord tightened round her neck so I ended up with an emergency c section after 8 and a half hours of contractions and a distressed baby. Luckily everything was fine but I really wished I had thought to insist on more checks. I was monitored at 40+3 because of reduced movements then she got extremely active thrashing around so was checked at 40+5 and booked in for induction. Just before my induction my waters broke at 41 weeks so I was monitored again but still nothing was spotted as they only did the ctg monitoring and the cord didn't cause problems until contractions. I went into natural labour next day at 41+1 4 hours before my induction was due.

I'm not trying to scare you as you're probably fine, I just want you to get checked more thoroughly as I wish I did as I ended up with a horrible birth experience. I did have another issue too though so would have ended up with a c section anyway later on which was realised by the surgeon after the c section had been done

soloula Wed 08-Jul-15 17:46:04

If you're worried then always get checked out. Better to know baby is ok than be worried about people thinking you're silly.

MumToBe2015R Wed 08-Jul-15 19:19:48

I'm here now at triage waiting to be seen. Will update shortly x

MrsJK Wed 08-Jul-15 21:42:05

Any update?

Snowflake15 Wed 08-Jul-15 21:44:14

Hope alls ok x

MumToBe2015R Wed 08-Jul-15 23:05:52

Just got back home. Yes all okay.

They didn't do a scan but I was satisfied by what doctor said which have me a lot of reassurance.

I'm a happy bunny now smile can't wait for him to arrive now x

Thank you for all being concerned x

soloula Wed 08-Jul-15 23:10:33

Aw good stuff. Always better to get checked out. x

Topsy34 Wed 08-Jul-15 23:19:16

Great news! So pleased everything is ok.

applecore0317 Wed 08-Jul-15 23:22:08

Pleased you got checked out and now feel reassured smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now