Talk

Advanced search

migraine and headaches

(10 Posts)
BabyBNumberThree Wed 08-Jul-15 10:06:25

Has anyone got any remedies for headaches and migraines please? I've taken 2 paracetamol and drinking plenty of water. I'm laid on the sofa now and it's hard to keep my eyes open as they hurt. just feeling sorry for myself sad tia x

ovumahead Wed 08-Jul-15 10:22:19

Close your eyes! Give into it. Sleep if you can. Put the radio on and stay away from screens...

MaximumVolume Wed 08-Jul-15 10:23:44

How many weeks are you? Severe headache can be a sign of pre-eclampsia, so might be worth getting checked.

lilyb84 Wed 08-Jul-15 10:26:29

Second that it depends how far along you are.

If you're still in the 1st trimester, rest and lots of liquid for headache, same for migraine but I also found a cold compress (eg a flannel) on my head helped. If it's recurrent, or you have nausea with it, see your GP as some medication is safe during pregnancy and can help.

Hope it clears up soon smile

BabyBNumberThree Wed 08-Jul-15 11:02:02

I'm 15+3 weeks I've just had a 20 min nap. I'll see how I am by this afternoon and may phone my midwife x

Brummiegirl15 Wed 08-Jul-15 15:21:25

I'm suffering from headaches too but I'm only 10 weeks

Evianbaby15 Wed 08-Jul-15 20:43:55

Also 15 weeks and getting headaches verging on a migraine today. Did you speak to the midwife today baby

Nousername2015 Wed 08-Jul-15 21:27:03

brummie My migraines started back up around the 10 week mark so i know how you feel. i asked the midwife and she said if the frequency and strength increase compared to what i was used to then to see the gp but otherwise it was a common symptom. They hurt like hell though, hope you're feeling better babyb

BabyBNumberThree Thu 09-Jul-15 18:01:40

Hi no I've been ok today so haven't contacted her. I'm booked in on Monday for my 16 week check up so ill wait to talk to her then. hope all you ladies have relief soon too xsmile

MissMartin10 Thu 09-Jul-15 20:03:08

i find a cold damp flannel on my head helps x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now