Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Increased movement?

(8 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Wed 08-Jul-15 01:31:19

I'm 36+4 and I've noticed since Yesterday between 11pm-2am there is increased movement. Also got told on Monday baby has dropped and is now In head down position. Has this got anything to so with that?

Bad thing? I'm confused keep reading l sorts on the Internet getting abit worried.

His normal time for a lot of movement was 11pm-12am

Help???

applecore0317 Wed 08-Jul-15 03:08:31

Any changes in movement whether increased or reduced should be reported. I would ring the triage number on the front of your notes and speak with a midwife.

My baby was head down from 32 weeks, I didn't notice an increase. Not saying there is anything wrong, guidelines now say any changes in movement.

MumToBe2015R Wed 08-Jul-15 10:27:37

Thank you. I rang triage & they asked me to come in, so I'm here now waiting to be seen. Will update later x

MumToBe2015R Wed 08-Jul-15 11:51:04

Okay so been seen! They did a ctg & she said all looks normal although on monitor baby's HB was jumping from like 140-238 then one point 140-67! I'm so angry! She was quiet sure cannot be cord around baby's next of baby can't be in distress! But how would they know that without doing a scan?! She came in with the BP machine & had the cheek to say to me I'll do your BP even though you had it done on Monday! I mean c'mon Monday was 2days ago hardly 2hours ago!

She was so unhelpful, not happy at all! I just got a funny feeling & doesn't feel good!

angry sad

MummyPiggy87 Wed 08-Jul-15 11:55:02

If you have a feeling something might be wrong do not sit and wait. Demand a scan and tell them your not happy you didn't get one, just lie if you have to and say you can't stop crying or worrying you need to know babies ok.. Please, I don't want to worry you more its just my sister didn't go on her instinct and the worst thing happened. I would urge anyone to just be a pain if you have to get a scan done!x

scarednoob Wed 08-Jul-15 11:56:05

I am having the opposite problem with a baby that doesn't like to move much at all, so I completely share your worry. if you are concerned, go back and demand a scan - or get a private scan? I pushed and the dr approved me to have a reassurance scan which I need to book this week.

sympathy - it's the most terrifying worrying thing. why on earth haven't we evolved to have a transparent window into our bumps?

MumToBe2015R Wed 08-Jul-15 12:21:36

This is the report which I'm just reading now.

Anyone no much about this?

Also says 1 Contraction????

applecore0317 Wed 08-Jul-15 21:42:30

Braxton hicks can show up on the contraction report, I had 9 show on my reading at 37 weeks and didn't go into labour until 40+5.

If you are not happy call them and ask to be seen again. After I was monitored the second time I said that I still wasn't happy with her movements and they booked me in for a scan which I had within 48 hours.

Call triage tonight and ask to be seen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now