Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anterior vs. posterior placenta: feeling movement.

(10 Posts)
bonzo77 Tue 07-Jul-15 21:54:53

With both DCs 1 and 2 my placentas were anterior. I felt lots of movement and it never really occurred to me that I was feeling anything different to anyone else. Now with DC3 (29 weeks) and have a posterior placenta. I am feeling the most incredible amount of movement. kicks and pokes, big tumbling rolls, hiccups and stretching. It's actually very very uncomfortable. He's rarely still if I am resting (i know based on the last two that one feels much more when you are lying still). So, am I feeling more because of the position of the placenta, or because this is a much more active baby than the last two?

youlemming Tue 07-Jul-15 22:02:53

Could be a bit of both, I've not had an anterior but I have heard it can dull the movements quite a bit.
I often feel beaten up after my little one has her usual kick about a few times a day and it can be very uncomfortable during that time especially down the center where the muscles are most stretched.

Topsy34 Tue 07-Jul-15 23:27:17

I had posterior in my first pregnancy, and had massive movements, really like booting me in the belly, this time round i have anterior and its so different. Much duller and low down. Im onky 21 weeks now but they feel very soft and bubbly

LongDayAlready Tue 07-Jul-15 23:44:51

In very similar position to you except it's DC4. I too had put it down to position of placenta but now, also at 29 weeks, it has gone beyond uncomfortable! I often find myself having to jab bits back in. I am also experiencing alarmingly low-down kicks but am putting this down to having no pelvic floor.....

Still, only 12 weeks to go! confused

ImnotawitchImyourwife Wed 08-Jul-15 12:17:26

Placenta position makes a huge difference. Used to feel regularly beaten up and like my belly was going to burst with DC1 (placenta praevia). I watched DC2 (anterior placenta) do two complete somersaults during a scan last week and felt nothing! The only movements I feel distinctly are the kicks straight down into my pelvis. Only notice other movements if I lie still and really concentrate

bonzo77 Wed 08-Jul-15 14:06:12

Oh thanks all that's very reassuring. I just cannot get over how uncomfortable it is!

Jelliebabe1 Wed 08-Jul-15 14:17:07

Ha! I'm having twins so I've gone for it and got one anterior and one posterior. At 23 weeks I'm still only feeling very slight movement like gas... Its like a baby sandwich in there and I wish I could feel more!

Empem288 Sun 12-Jul-15 23:52:10

Bonzo I also have a posteria placenta and the movements actually make me gasp and feel quite queesy confused I'm 25wk today and she's measuring slightly bigger. Got another scan at 28wks to check on growth.

Very lively on a night and kicking in to the mattress.. I'm waking every hour or so.

Give it another 5 wks and there won't be as much room for the great movements x

weelamb123 Mon 13-Jul-15 05:40:46

Maybe ur baby is back to back (limbs towards front if ur tummy)? Mine is and the movements are constant and sometimes painful xx

HighOverTheFenceLeapsSunnyJim Mon 13-Jul-15 09:52:08

My DC3 had an anterior placenta, I really noticed a reduction in movements compared to my first two posterior placentas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now