Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton Hicks

(3 Posts)
samroberts2 Tue 07-Jul-15 20:37:30

hi, im a 38 + 5 ftm. Every now and again my stomach keeps tightening, is this braxton hicks? i dont have any pain only uncomfy and a bit painful down below. i dont think thats related to it as it happens at different times. i think that is because my baby is sat on my pelvis. Thank you in advance xx

HollyC255552 Tue 07-Jul-15 20:42:50

I'm getting the same i'm 38+2...pretty sure its braxton hicks havent had it much today though. Playing the waiting game now for the real thing. Eeeeek. Xx

LumpyCustard69 Wed 08-Jul-15 09:52:16

My Braxton Hicks are higher up than other aches/pains etc. My belly tightens, and it's a bit restricting, I can't bend (at all) and if I'm sat down I have to wait for them to pass before I can stand up! This is my second pregnancy, so I know the difference between real contractions. For me, the real ones are further down in my pelvis, more like severe period pains than just tightenings. Although saying that, some of the uterus stretching pains are similar to real contractions, but last longer than contractions.
Of course all of this is only my experience, everyone is different!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now