Talk

Advanced search

When do you buy maternity clothes?

(12 Posts)
zippyswife Tue 07-Jul-15 20:25:43

I'm 7+5 with dc3.

In my previous pregnancies I didn't buy any maternity clothes until I'd had the 12 week scan as I didn't want to jinx things.

This time I've already done online orders from gap and asos as they had complete bargains in the sale.

Was this too early?

I'm Massive already and am
Struggling to find any of my normal
Clothes to fit! So bloated!

fanjodisfunction Tue 07-Jul-15 20:34:22

I bought them when I couldn't fit in normal clothes

YouCanDanceIfYouWantTo Tue 07-Jul-15 20:41:06

I bought some around 9-19wks as I my skinny jeans were getting pretty tight (which, to be honest was probably not down to baby and down to the amount of cheese I was eating...)

YouCanDanceIfYouWantTo Tue 07-Jul-15 20:41:45

That was meant to be 9-10 weeks!

WeePoppy Wed 08-Jul-15 10:46:29

I started buying them when my normal clothes got too tight, so around 17 weeks I think...

CalypsoLilt Wed 08-Jul-15 10:49:48

Gap and Asos have sales?!

gets out credit card

Whathaveilost Wed 08-Jul-15 10:53:16

You buy them when you need them.
My friend needed to rethink her wardrobe from about 3.5 months as she looked like she had been inflated with a bike pump.
I was 6 months and then expanded very rapidly with DS 1 and about 5 with DS2

weelamb123 Wed 08-Jul-15 17:08:01

20 weeks xx

Sleepybeanbump Wed 08-Jul-15 18:36:36

I'm 15 weeks. My summer dresses (that I wear for work and smartish) are fine and I hope to get through to autumn without new stuff.

At the weekend I bought some waist expander bump bands from Jojo as my weekend jeans and shorts are starting to feel a tad tight. I'm hoping tops will be ok....

I've already started buying maternity dresses for the autumn. I got a few in next and just ordered 5 in the sale from seraphine as a lot of what is obviously last years winter stuff is on sale!! I like planning ahead. I just know if I leave it until I absolutely need it I won't be able to find anything I like in my size.

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Wed 08-Jul-15 18:37:42

When I needed them... About 18 weeks.

strawberryshoes Wed 08-Jul-15 18:38:40

I didn't need to with DD1 until I was about 26 weeks. With DD2 I think I was about 8 weeks when I got the maternity jeans out! Soooo comfy.

MrsNuckyThompson Wed 08-Jul-15 18:39:50

Oh god. I needed to undo jeans and use bump bands from about 7 weeks I think!

Managed without much in the way of real mat clothes til more like 15 weeks or so I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now