Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I about to go into labour...?

(2 Posts)
kuolo Tue 07-Jul-15 10:08:43

Hello, I've been around for a while but this is my first post :-)
I'm 36 weeks and this is my first pregnancy. The last couple of days I've been feeling very different - sick (morning-sickness type, sudden surges of nausea and can't stand the smell of food, not heartburn-type like it has been before), my groin/inner thigh area is aching, my bits are all swollen (TMI sorry!), I have lower backache and period-like pains and my cervix or somewhere inside feels like it aches and I've been feeling really emotional... I've also been having crazy Braxton Hicks for a couple of weeks. Last week baby was 3/5 engaged, but then he's been 2/5 for ages.
I'm just wondering if this is how it's going to be for the next few weeks, or if my body is gearing up to go into labour imminently? I don't mind either way it's just the uncertainty is doing my head in! Did anyone else feel like this towards the end of their pregnancy, if so can you tell me how long it's going to last?!?

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Tue 07-Jul-15 10:13:58

Yes it's pretty common to feel like that towards the end I think, and it will last til the baby is born!
I'm 40 weeks today with my second and have been convinced since 36 weeks that I'm about to go into labour. Baby has been fully engaged since 38 weeks. I have mild contractions for hours then nothing, so frustrating!
Unfortunately there's no real way to tell. You might be about to go into labour, or it might be another 5-6 weeks. Try and get as much rest as possible before the big day (hard I know when you're so uncomfortable!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now