Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

If you had a C-section due to breech...

(16 Posts)
Nottalotta Tue 07-Jul-15 05:17:34

When was it booked? Baby has been breech for WEEKS. Seeing mw tomorrow and just wondering what the process is? She suggested i might have a scan but after that i dont know. 36 + 3.

Thepurplegiraffe Tue 07-Jul-15 06:23:52

I am currently 39 +3 and my c-section didn't get booked until last week for tomorrow. First you go for the scan, then they try and book you into an ecv clinic and then they book the elcs. At least that is what seems to happen in my area.
My breech wasn't discovered until 39 weeks the first time round so didn't happen until 39 +6. I thought it would be earlier this time as we knew about it but it is only 2 days different.

FunnyCatVideo Tue 07-Jul-15 06:30:07

Pretty late on. Think breech was discovered around 37 weeks, and at 38 weeks they booked me in. DD born week 39.

BikeRunSki Tue 07-Jul-15 06:32:22

About 10 mins before he was born. breech undiagnosed until I was 10 cm dilated.

Topsy34 Tue 07-Jul-15 07:29:43

Look at spinning babies, lots of yoga psoses can help positining too

jugglingmonkey Tue 07-Jul-15 08:20:02

A friend of mine was also undiagnosed until 8cm... I'd want scans right up until labour starts naturally, unless they confirm a c-section...

bigkicks Tue 07-Jul-15 09:22:08

Suspected at 36 weeks, scan confirmed at 37 weeks, section booked for 39+1 (10 days, eek!). Tried all the tricks to get him to move but nothing working yet. I have bad ligaments in left hip which can apparently affect the shape of the womb and explain why he only seems to have enough space on the right. By the time breech was confirmed I was told there is an 8% chance he will turn on his own (compared to 3% that he is breech in the first place angry ). No doubt where he is now as there is a pretty obvious bowling ball shape sticking out of my right ribs! Very uncomfortable.

Nottalotta Tue 07-Jul-15 10:26:35

Tried all the spinning babies suggestions and everything else. Baby is just firmly wedged, head under right ribs, bum over left hip.

LovelyWeatherForDucks Tue 07-Jul-15 21:30:14

Confimed at 36 weeks, booked the date there and then for 39+3. Did not get the option of ECV due to previous section for breech (!!). Previous section booked 2 days before as breech only spotted at 39+5. I have a midwife appointment inbetween and they will scan me on the morning just to check baby hasn't turned.

Thepurplegiraffe Tue 07-Jul-15 21:59:37

That's interesting Lovely, they still tried to send me to the ecv clinic this time round despite having had a elcs for breech last time. Though when I refused the mw quietly said she agreed with me in light of having had a section before.

Section tomorrow!

Nottalotta Wed 08-Jul-15 07:07:28

Thanks everyone. I see mw later today, 36 + 4. I will refuse ECV.

I need to sort my thoughts out really as in my head i am convinced it will be elcs now and have given a vaginal birth/labour etc NO THOUGHT at all!! I will be in for a shock/surprise if baby does turn!!

Luciferbox Thu 09-Jul-15 19:36:57

I'm in the same boat. 37+1 and I'm having a scan next week to confirm if baby is still breech. I'm trying to get my head around having a csection after a lovely birth with ds1. I'm also refusing to let them attempt to turn the baby.

nulgirl Thu 09-Jul-15 19:42:01

I had a csec due to breech with my first dc. Breech wasn't discovered until 39 weeks so they tried a ECV and when it didn't work I was booked in for a few days later. DC2 was breech the whole pregnancy so thought I was going for cs2 until he turned by himself at 37 weeks so I had a natural birth. The baby still has some time to turn so they probably won't book anything in until closer to your due date.

ScorpioMermaid Sun 19-Jul-15 02:54:29

dont want to scare anyone with my horror story but i want you to be aware... i had my baby on the 13th, my due date, from 37 weeks mw suspected breech. scans showed cephalic. This happened about 3 times. I saw consultant at 39w+3 and pushed for induction. (past history of massive babies, quick deliveries, previous placental abruption and pph) it was agreed that I would be induced at 40w. or if waters broke etc first to blue light to hospital no questions. no c section. fair enough. at 40w mw says again, baby is breech ill arrange a quick scan before we proceed with propess. (used propess before gave birth in 3 hours!) dr walks in feels bump says no, definitely cephalic. no scan req. continue with propess. she kept dropping off the heart rate monitor too but they said it's ok, we will pop a clip to her head when the waters go. 7 hours later waters break, out pops (in order) bum, leg, PLACENTA, leg, body, wrapped in cord, head with extended arms. within 2 minutes of my waters breaking she was born. she was also lifeless, grey, not breathing, limp etc. took 2 minutes before she took her first breath. I didn't know she was born breech until after I just heard screams of 'push her out now' from dh and mw and did it. she also weighed 10lb 14oz. had the dr scanned me I'd have been whisked off for a section as they would have known that a)she was massive b)she was breech and most importantly c) that there was something wrong with the placenta. I didn't require stitches.. god knows how i didnt but I did have a massive pph and was rushed to theatre. I lost almost 2.5L of blood.
im glad I was not at home and my waters went because I don't think either of us would be here now sad sad

Nottalotta Sun 19-Jul-15 08:13:09

Bloody hell scorpio that sounds horrendous!! And scary similar to my mum experience. Glad you are both ok. I have had a scan, confirmed breech, and booked in for c section on 24th.

ilovespinach Sun 19-Jul-15 08:21:41

Booked for 39 weeks. However, one very low kick and water breaking at 37.5 weeks resulted in immediate c-section. You never know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now