Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do all bumps visibly drop?

(13 Posts)
PiercedMrsL Mon 06-Jul-15 21:28:37

Pretty much as it says in the title really.

I'm 36 weeks pregnant with my first baby and my bump is still very high. Now I'm a bit confused as I had to go into hospital for some monitoring last week, and it's been written on my notes that baby is 2/5 palpable. I understood that to mean that baby is nearly totally engaged? Is this right or am I being a complete doofus? And will my bump drop more once baby is more engaged? It certainly feels like things are changing, more pressure on my bladder and lower back etc.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this!

RandomMess Mon 06-Jul-15 21:31:14

My bumps (4 of) never seemed to "drop" at all...

Roseybee10 Mon 06-Jul-15 22:30:01

My first bump did but second didn't.

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Mon 06-Jul-15 22:33:56

No, neither of mine ever visibly dropped.

PiercedMrsL Mon 06-Jul-15 22:49:03

Thanks ladies! I've had people saying to me "ooh, wait until your bump drops and then you'll be uncomfortable" and I thought surely not everyone's does!

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Wed 08-Jul-15 12:10:02

I'm 40+1, in labour and it hasn't dropped ��

Skiptonlass Wed 08-Jul-15 12:18:18

It means she could feel (palpate) two fifths of the baby's head. The other three fifths is therefore engaged in your pelvis smile

Not all bumps drop I think , but sounds like your little one is engaged

caffiene99 Wed 08-Jul-15 13:39:03

Mine didn't either. Or, if it did, I never noticed!

PiercedMrsL Wed 08-Jul-15 15:02:58

worldsbiggest how exciting! Hope your little one arrives soon and with a minimum of fuss!

Went to mw appointment yesterday and she said babies head is very low in my pelvis which ties in with what you've all said anyway. I love mumsnet grin

ScorpioMermaid Thu 09-Jul-15 00:26:06

I'm 39+3, I haven't dropped either. I think I only did with our first.

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Thu 09-Jul-15 15:40:13

Thanks Pierced, she's here safe and sound!

Choccyhobnob Thu 09-Jul-15 17:15:40

My bump has been so low all pregnancy. I think if it drops in a few weeks (I'm 30 +2) he'll be practically on his way out! lol

PiercedMrsL Thu 09-Jul-15 19:59:30

Haha well my bump,is still super high, but baby seems to be super low, pretty sure he's taking pleasure in head butting my bladder every 5 minutes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now