Advanced search

36week scan.....

(4 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Mon 06-Jul-15 14:36:51

Been for my last scan of this pregnancy, 36+1. Been told babies head is now down, and weighs 2644g. I was asked by my consultant if i want to be induced at 38/39weeks or want to go till the end.

Any suggestions?
Also is babies weight good for this stage??? Anyone???

Skeppers Mon 06-Jul-15 14:44:59

Had my growth scan last week at 34+5 and baby was 6lb 4ozs so I'd say that just under 6lb was fine.

It's hard to say re: induction. I thought that mine may have to be induced as he's in the 95th centile for AC measurement and has a BIG ole' noggin to boot...but actually the consultant wasn't fussed because I'm knocking 6ft myself so he'd expect me to the at the top end of the spectrum! I've now been signed off consultant care. It does depend on your own individual growth chart.

Do you have GD or any other complications? If not, I'd say go to the end if poss, but that's just my individual preference. I've heard various things about induced labour.

MumToBe2015R Mon 06-Jul-15 15:45:15

Thanks Skeppers

Yes have GD, I'm on diet control & it's been great throughout. Also a severe asthmatic, been having a lot of chest tightness & wheezing past 3weeks continuos, but on & off since 24wks.

Since yesterday it's been great no tightness or wheezing, and that might be due to baby dropped down so pressure is off my lungs.

LumpyCustard69 Mon 06-Jul-15 15:45:58

I am booked for a growth scan at 36+3, as my first dc was 4.99kg. (She was very overdue, 2 weeks by their dates, 3-4 weeks by the real dates).

They haven't mentioned the possibility of induction for me though, but have said if this one is on the large side that they will c section confused

But, after my first (and only) dc, I don't want to be induced again. Pessaries and sweeps didn't work, and I ended up on the hormone drip (the one thing I really didn't want.

Baby has truly 'dropped' and is now interfering with my bowel movements, so I'm hoping he won't be as late as dd, natural or c section!!!

Is this your first? If so, I probably wouldn't choose induction. But it's really entirely up to you. I'd have thought they'd have maybe given you another scan at 38 weeks to help you make the decision. Medical staff baffle me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now