Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Would you take Raspberry leaf if.....?

(9 Posts)
youlemming Mon 06-Jul-15 13:17:45

You had a quick labour last time and you are being monitored for reduced growth?

I took the capsules from 36 wks last time and I've just hit that point, but as above I had a 6 hr labour with my first on her due date.
And I'm currently being monitored with regular scans as little one is only on the 10th percentile.

There is a chance I will be induced early or at least not let past due date so spontaneous labour is less likely than before but just in case I'm not sure if I should take them at all!

gamerchick Mon 06-Jul-15 13:19:08

Well it's just for a shorter pushing stage rather than quick labour really. That isn't a bad thing I don't think.

ThursdayLast Mon 06-Jul-15 13:21:07

They made not a jot of difference to me first time around so I wouldn't bother taking them at all smile
If you're worried, then don't.

ItsNotAsPerfectAsItSeems Mon 06-Jul-15 13:21:39

It doesn't bring on labour just ripens the cervix to make labouring faster and apparently easier.
Unless you've been advised otherwise, I'd take it. I took the tea. Horrid taste but I read the tea was more potent than the caps.
Good luck

Hophop987 Mon 06-Jul-15 13:25:38

My first labour was 5.5 hours and pushing stage was fairly short,so I'm taking the tea again hoping it had something to do with it!

Ashwinder Mon 06-Jul-15 13:29:54

I was advised not to by the consultant as I had previously had two very fast births with an almost non existent pushing phases (3 pushes for first baby and 1 for second). My uterus was apparently I'm no need of toning! If you're concerned, ask your midwife.

Superexcited Mon 06-Jul-15 13:33:08

I have had two quick labours (3 hours and 2 hours) without taking raspberry leaf tea or anything else.
Quick labours can be more painful as everything happens so much more quickly so everything is intensified. I would only take raspberry leaf tea if advised to do so by the midwife / doctor.

youlemming Mon 06-Jul-15 13:41:22

My pushing phase was only about 20 min and yes ended up with quite a few stiches due to the speed.
Think I will hold off for now and ask next time I have an appointment.

Picklesauage Mon 06-Jul-15 13:48:09

I was told not to take it, my first labour was 3 hours (with rasp leaf) my second was 55 mins (no rasp leaf)! If you are close to hospital I might take it, otherwise no way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now