Talk

Advanced search

20 weeks this week - it's all becoming real!!

(9 Posts)
Bellabutterfly2014 Mon 06-Jul-15 06:48:03

Hey;
I'm 20 weeks this week and Im starting to feel like it's real - I know that sounds ridiculous but I've had 4 miscarriages and never got this far but hoping now I'm halfway I'll start feeling less anxious about everything.

I've bought myself a few maternity bits of clothing but that's about it - my Mum took me shopping on Saturday and we bought the first packet of little sleep suits but I've been scared to buy anything!

My 20 week scan isn't until next week - they couldn't fit me in this week so I'm now getting a bit worried and anxious about that too and working myself into a bit of a state about it.

I don't think people I work with or my partner know how I'm feeling at all - my mum is a naturally positive person and has been absolutely amazing but I feel so anxious about my scan next week - haven't felt any movement and other than being very tired I feel fine - any advise greatfully received xx

bluishskies Mon 06-Jul-15 07:40:13

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I think the anxiety you are experiencing is normal but the thing to remember is that you have no control. At least that is what I tell myself. With my first pregnancy, I found my 12 and 20 week scans so emotional because it wasn't real to me. This time around I'm nearly 14 weeks pregnant with twins and it definitely feels more real and I'm more anxious just because everyone highlights the possible problems that occur in twin pregnancy. But I just breathe and remind myself that I'm doing everything I can and I have no control.

Good luck with your scan next week!

BeautifulBatman Mon 06-Jul-15 07:47:59

I'm a worrier/pessimist. I finally managed to start believing everything might actually be ok and that I will have the baby I've wanted for such a long time after my 20 week scan. I'm now 25+6 and apart from a wobble yesterday because I hadn't felt the baby move for a day (so went off for amother scan, everything is fine), I'm much more sure it's all happening. Even stared buying some small things like bibs, sleepsuits etc.

As for feeling the baby move, I didn't until about 3 weeks ago so please don't worry. Remember, the bad/sad stuff is the exception, not the rule. I hope all goes well next week. Then you can really start to enjoy your pregnancy smile

onefootinthebed Mon 06-Jul-15 09:39:15

Bella
Hi I know how you feel, I have one ds but since had 3 miscarriages and I am 19 weeks,I have my 20 week scan next Wednesday and even though I feel this pregnancy is going to be fine I camt help but worry either. Sometimes I think I make up symptoms that aren't there, I constan check for blood when I go the loo. After hearing my babies heartbeat at my 16 weeks I decided I needed to relax and believe everything was going to be ok, just for my own sanity, so I began to buy small things to prepare us as time goes by so fast.

Have you joined any of the threads about being pregnant after misscarriage, I go on the "best shit place to be" there's loads of support and it makes me feel less alone and to know I am not the only person that worries about things which might be nothing.

I am sure your scan will be fine and hope for you the next 20 weeks run smoothly.

BeautifulBatman Mon 06-Jul-15 09:42:30

onefoot I still check for blood too. Terrible habit I can't seem to shake. blush

DandelionWishes88 Mon 06-Jul-15 11:22:54

Bella I was the same its only felt real this week im now 23+3. I had 20 week scan but had to go back for a rescan only then I felt omg im pregnant silly I know. But only really felt movement and tiny kicks these passed 2 weeks. But now looking forward to shopping! Today is a good day my birthday and now know we are having a girl! People Told me try not to worry but I couldn't help it but sounds like you have great family support which is amazing. Xxx

onefootinthebed Mon 06-Jul-15 12:32:48

Bella I think because of things which we have experienced we will proably worry till our little ones are here.

Brummiegirl15 Mon 06-Jul-15 12:55:09

Bella I've had 3 miscarriages and I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant and my stress levels are through the roof so I know how you feel!

Bellabutterfly2014 Mon 06-Jul-15 22:22:19

Thanks everyone for replying it's nice to know it's not just me feeling like this. I'm dying for my scan (1 week tomorrow) I wish it was tomorrow - not sure how I'll be for the next week!!!! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now