Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Would someone please bloody tell me what pram this is?!

(14 Posts)
sophiedeana Sat 04-Jul-15 21:41:39

I really love this car seat and pram, trouble is, I can only find the Car Seat for sale, and not the bit it sits on top of!

Basically, I love the idea of the car seat being the main component an they seem quite popular at the moment, but where the devil do you get that adaptor silver thing from? I'm getting my pram from Mothercare but even they only seem to have the seat..

I also love the Maxi-Cosi car seat as well as the silver cross one, although a bit more pricey I believe envy

LadyOrangutan Sat 04-Jul-15 21:45:07

I don't know what the pram is, sorry. But just FYI a car seat is not designed to be used all the the time. Your child shouldn't be in a car seat for more than 90 mins straight either. A lie flat pram/bassinet is normally better for them (unless bad reflux etc)

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sat 04-Jul-15 21:46:10

Lots of prams can have the car seat as the main part, I used an Icandy and that used a maxi cosi car seat, my SIL has a Silvercross pram and it uses the silvercross car seat.

That's the Silvercross wayfarer.

Frillsandspills Sat 04-Jul-15 21:46:50

That's the silver cross wayfarer. I've chosen that pram myself. You have to by their 'simplicity car seat' separately but it fits on and it's honestly a gorgeous pram. Especially the carry cot and buggy! It's brilliant!

dlwelly Sat 04-Jul-15 21:46:56

It looks like the silver cross pioneer! I think mothercare sell it but you might have to order it in. The silver cross car seat will click straight on or you can get the maxi cosi adaptors so that you can put a maxi cosi car seat on top instead! Happy shopping!

Cheshirehello79 Sat 04-Jul-15 21:48:00

That car seat looks like silver cross

LibrariesGaveUsPower Sat 04-Jul-15 21:49:09

Don't know. But echo others that a car seat shouldn't be your main pram.

Foggymist Sat 04-Jul-15 21:56:54

The bit the car seat sits in is called the chassis.

sophiedeana Sat 04-Jul-15 21:56:54

Sorry, just to add, I know what car seat it is, it's just that thing at the bottom I've no clue about lol

SpendSpendSpend Sat 04-Jul-15 22:01:09

Its a silvercross wayfarer

Look at the reviews on it on here, they are not good.

bishboschone Sat 04-Jul-15 22:01:52

I'm a bit confused by this .. The bottom bit is a chassis and the mother care pushchairs can all adapt to take the car seat instead of the bassinet .. Surely they would know that if you asked . You need a bassinet though as others have said you can't push it around All day in a car seat on wheels .

CaptainMorgansMistress Sat 04-Jul-15 22:14:13

Pop on over to the pushchair section OP.

I bet you good money that the pram gurus can find you a far better one than the wayfarer.

And certainly the points raised above about babies in car seats are hugely important. The current guidance suggests no more than 20mins in a seat at a time for newborns if they are not lay flat type.
With this in mind, if you haven't already bought our car seat, check out some of the lie flat ones (no time limit for baby to be in them). The kiddy evofix Luna is well worth a look.

sophiedeana Sat 04-Jul-15 22:40:34

Thank you everyone, I've decided to stick with my original choice, the BuggaBoo Bee3, and just buy a maxi cosi car seat for it. Although pricey, I'm almost certain I can play it safe with that one.

As for the car seat recommendation, I never knew you weren't suppose to have a baby in their seat for that long! Wow, thank you for the eye opener. I bet if I bring all this up to my mother, she'll look wide eyes and shocked at my lack of knowledge.

LibrariesGaveUsPower Sat 04-Jul-15 22:48:37

Basically the car seat adaptor is just meant for 'nip out for milk. oops baby fell asleep in the car and don't want to wake her' type situations. smile

I have an original bee. 6 years on with DC3 and used daily it is just packing up . Really rate it. Sooooo expensive now though. Ours was £349 with free car seat adaptors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now