Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any advice for this heat.

(6 Posts)
tinyme135 Sat 04-Jul-15 21:24:11

I'm really not coping with this heat. We went out today and I couldn't stay for long as I started to get a headache and sweating like a pig. I almost passed out a few times and now I'm at home I'm lying in bed with windows wide open and can't seem to cool down....any help at all would be gratefully appreciated

LibrariesGaveUsPower Sat 04-Jul-15 21:27:46

Send your partner to asda for a tiny paddling pool. Sit with your feet in it. Naked and with a cold towel round your neck.grin

Whilst he is out, have a cool shower , drink plenty of water and run your wrists under the cold tap.

ACatCalledFang Sat 04-Jul-15 21:30:57

I felt like this when I got home this afternoon. I find a cool shower helps, and minimal drying afterwards, plus a big glass of iced water, followed by a lie-down!

We also have a fan, and I bought a little bottle with a spray (the kind you might decant toiletries into, like a mini plant spray), which is great for spritzing yourself with water.

If we ever do this again, I'm definitely planning a winter or spring baby!

LibrariesGaveUsPower Sat 04-Jul-15 21:32:28

Yeah. I planned a spring baby. In 2011 it hit 30 degrees around Easter. ...grin

LooksLikeImStuckHere Sat 04-Jul-15 21:34:34

Put some cold water in the bath and go paddling if you don't have a paddling pool. Paddle until you cool down!

JassyRadlett Sat 04-Jul-15 21:50:32

Frozen grapes. This is my second summer pregnancy...

Freeze everything, really. Grapes. Oranges. Yoghurts. If it can be frozen, it should be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now