Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Some people!!!! Advice needed

(2 Posts)
Wildflower91 Sat 04-Jul-15 20:35:13

Ok I am FUMING! I'm 11 weeks pregnant with identical twins (one placenta and quite high risk)...I told my grandmother yesterday in confidence (explained the high risk and how I wanted to wait another few weeks after my scan before
telling wider family). Low and behold a family member (who I cannot stand because they are extremely two faced and love to see others fall
and who I never speak to) just rang me to 'congratulate' me, my granny was over today telling them all about the pregnancy and the ins and outs of boyfriend leaving me. I am FUMING, it's really no one else's business to tell my news, and now I know everyone and their dog will know about it. Rant over but so so cross right now!! My best friends don't even know yet and I feel I have to rush round everyone now before they hear it on the street. Grrrr

Frillsandspills Sat 04-Jul-15 20:41:38

I was in a pretty similar situation (but I'm carrying one so without the added risk you have) and my grand other did the same. I had messages on Facebook off people when I'd specifically said I didn't want anybody knowing just yet as my OH was in the process of leaving me and his family didn't even know.

It's frustrating and I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you who has the added worry of having a more complicated pregnancy.
Can't offer much as advice as you can't untell people (sadly) but just don't rush into telling anyone yourself if you don't want to. I'm sure everyone will understand why you waited a while. Perhaps have a word with your grandmother? I tried with mine but got nowhere but it's worth a go! I think they get so excited (especially with twins I would imagine) they get way ahead of themselves.

Wishing you lots of luck in your pregnancy and congratulations flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now