Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Crl measurements

(8 Posts)
Eminado Sat 04-Jul-15 18:32:16

Hi
Posting here again as got no replies on a different board:

Got a BFP about 5 weeks ago. Was unsure of my dates due to other issues going on at the time. Have had a bad feeling since the start.

Booked a reassurance scan for when I thought I would be 7 weeks. Went, had ultrasound, no heartbeat. GA given as 6 weeks 1 day.

Told to return in a week.

Went back today. Still no heartbeat. GA given again as 6 weeks and 2 days.

CRL Measurements were 5.1 mm and now 5.7mm.

I have no symptoms of miscarriage other than a bad feeling.

No EPUs open until Monday but I have a massive statutory filing deadline at work on Monday.

I am going out of my mind. The 1 week wait nearly finished me off - waiting till
Tues seems like something i mentally cant cope with.

What are your honest thoughts?

Would anyone mind sharing their early measurements with me?

BeautifulBatman Sat 04-Jul-15 21:04:43

Did you have an internal scan,or just an abdominal one?

Eminado Sat 04-Jul-15 21:30:13

Just abdominal. They didnt have the internal scan facility.

Blackandwhitecat3 Sat 04-Jul-15 22:34:35

Heart beat is difficult to pick up on abdominal scan so early on. Internal is more likely to detect heartbeat. I got one at 6 weeks internal but not on abdominal. CRL is notoriously inaccurate at such an early stage As its so tiny. When I was 6 weeks the CRL measurement put me at nearly a week behind, but now at 12 weeks it's bang on.

Try not to worry (though it's totally normal to). If you really want to, you could book a private scan and make sure they can do an internal scan.

Eminado Sat 04-Jul-15 22:41:42

Thank you for replying. I spent the afternoon trying to book
A pvt scan tomorrow but it was after 4pm when i got home from
The scan today
So availability was nil. I wasted time ringing around epus, with hindsight.

You have given me hope again. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Metalhead Sat 04-Jul-15 22:58:38

The fact that there was hardly any growth in a week is not a good sign, I'm afraid. It sounds to me like it might be a missed miscarriage, where your body doesn't recognise immediately that the pregnancy has failed and hence you have no bleeding. I'm sorry to be so negative, but even with an abdominal scan I think you should have seen more growth in a week. In your position I would hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Good luck!

Eminado Sat 04-Jul-15 23:20:24

Thanks Metal

brickiemum2 Sat 04-Jul-15 23:27:52

It's very very similar to what happened to me with my mmc, sorry. Fingers crossed that it was just inaccuracies of scanning abdominally though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now