Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 weeks have I just lost my mucus plug? / had a show?

(9 Posts)
louisejanep Sat 04-Jul-15 10:58:20

Hi ladies. Sorry for TMI in the morning! But I'm 39 + 5 and just had a really big blob of snotty / stringy discharge fall out into my pjs! Is this my plug? What is the difference between your plug and a show? Wondering if this means I'm about to go into labour?

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sat 04-Jul-15 11:07:22

It sounds like the plug has come away (same as a show), it could be today or it could be a while yet if it's your first. Any other signs?

Good luck by the way smile

louisejanep Sat 04-Jul-15 11:12:13

Hi thanks for the reply smile I've had crampy pains every night for the last week and lots of bowel movements. This baby will be my first yes. Hope it happens really soon. Getting soooo impatient .

Bustherb Sat 04-Jul-15 11:41:57

I had a show yesterday morning, could feel the plug come out of me (sorry tmi) it came away in bits with blood in it. Had cramps since Thursday morning and now I can't get off the toilet. Hoping it will start soon xx

Eminado Sat 04-Jul-15 11:43:30

Good luck! I lost my plug and still had to wait about 2 weeks

side eyes DD

Hotpotpie Sat 04-Jul-15 11:58:46

My plug came away in a few bits, snotty looking at first, the last bit was a massive great blob of blood streaked mucus, labour started a few days later.

berrypicking Sat 04-Jul-15 16:03:11

that's your plug yes. labour could start in hours or a couple of days. good luck!

Bobian123 Sat 04-Jul-15 21:28:23

Louise, I'm in exactly the same position as you and was about to ask the same Q! I'm 38+6 and plug has started coming away. Excited and a little nervous. Hope you don't have to wait too long, good luck!

BotBotticelli Sat 04-Jul-15 21:53:03

I lost my plug on a Thursday night and went into labour on Friday night with my first baby! Fingers crossed it happens as quickly for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now