Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sickness and diarrhea before labour

(8 Posts)
coneywonder Sat 04-Jul-15 10:43:02

Hi ladies,

Was wondering if any of you had this before labour started? I'm due on Wednesday and this morning, although I've not been sick have felt very very sick like when I was first pregnant and I can't get off the loo, the stomach cramps are insane.

Might just be a bug but im trying to be optimistic!!

Theselittlelightsaremine Sat 04-Jul-15 10:44:46

It could be your body clearing out ready for birth.

fanjodisfunction Sat 04-Jul-15 11:35:15

I had this when I went into labour with my daughter. was sick in the car on the way to the hospital, my dad was driving he had a towel ready for me.

it's like your body purging before labour. so could be a sign

batfish Sat 04-Jul-15 11:40:35

My friend was really sick just before she went into labour, she went to the doctors as felt so bad and was worried it could harm the baby - then went to bad that night and contractions started at 5 am!

coneywonder Sat 04-Jul-15 11:59:56

Blooming eck. Well the period type cramps have ramped up a notch and they seem to be in my legs! I'm not gonna get my hopes up too much because this has been going on for weeks

Iloveonionchutney Sat 04-Jul-15 12:06:04

I didn't have sickness but my contractions were in the tips of my legs and thighs more than across the bump so I'd keep an eye on the timings just in case. Good luck.

coneywonder Sat 04-Jul-15 12:21:14

Thank you onion I will do

Ilovenannyplum Sat 04-Jul-15 13:46:48

Oh good luck OP smile

I thought I had given myself food poisoning the night before I went into labour, was super ill at midnight-ish and my waters broke at 5am, he was born at 4.03pm the same day.

My son is now 10 months old and I've not eaten spaghetti bolognaise since that night!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now