Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dropping-2nd pregnancy

(10 Posts)
LumpyCustard69 Sat 04-Jul-15 09:37:19

So, baby has definitely 'dropped'.
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I had period/stretching type pains/aches. I was up a couple of nights vomiting (from severe heartburn more than anything I think). Since Thursday I have had severe lower back ache, and my pelvis is killing me (to the point I've had to take sick leave from work for next week before my maternilty starts). My bump is definitely lower, and my breathing much easier, and I can now eat a full size meal again smile

This is my second pregnancy, and the only information I can find says that in first pregnancies this happens up to 4 weeks before labour begins, but with second pregnancies it happens much closer to labour starting (as in hours before or during) confused

Does anyone have any experiences of 'dropping' in second pregnancies?? If so, please share!! Tia.

Flisspaps Sat 04-Jul-15 09:46:00

My bump 'dropped' at about 7 months - DS was born at 40+1 grin

LumpyCustard69 Sat 04-Jul-15 09:47:04

Was that first pregnancy, or 2nd/3rd?

cathpip Sat 04-Jul-15 09:47:38

I'm on number 4 and with nos 2,3 and 4 I dropped around 30 weeks but still carried to term, Braxton Hicks also increased massively at this stage too. My view is that my stomach muscles are not what they once were!

LumpyCustard69 Sat 04-Jul-15 12:21:36

I'm 32+4. First baby was massive though, and I was induced way past edd. I don't remember dropping at all last time, but then dd probably took up every single bit of room!!

HazleNutt Sat 04-Jul-15 13:20:19

I got the pains you described Tuesday morning. DD was here Tuesday evening..

Flisspaps Sat 04-Jul-15 16:32:26

2nd smile

LumpyCustard69 Sat 04-Jul-15 19:46:41

Congratulations Hazlenutt!!!!!

Well, I have a midwife appointment Wednesday morning, so hopefully she'll be able to give me a clue what's going on 'up there'!

I don't fancy having him quite this early, but I don't fancy over 42 weeks again either sad
I'll have a word with him and inform him that the first week of August will be preferable smile

NickyEds Sat 04-Jul-15 20:35:12

My ds never really "dropped and engaged" or at least not so as I noticed (it was , however a lovely pregnancy and he gave me no bother!). He was born at 39+4. This time I think the baby dropped last week (so 37+3/4) because, as you described my bump was noticabley lower, my pelvis felt full, got the Jon Wayne waddle. Nothing's happened so far. I had a mw appointment last Monday and asked if her head had engaged (very hopeful that she was on her way) and she said no and that second babies seldom do. Apparently there's just so much more room in the pelvis in a second pregnancy that they don't engage in the same way as a first. I've had loads of BH for about 2 weeks too now.

berrypicking Sun 05-Jul-15 16:07:02

I am 39 + 4 days with my second and baby dropped about 3 days ago. Nothing happened yet. Been getting lots of painful contractions which I think has pushed him down but no show or anything yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now