Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I right to feel this way?

(11 Posts)
edwfaith Sat 04-Jul-15 09:35:09

We had my OH's best friend and his girlfriend come round last night, now they are a lovely couple and I have no problem with them whatsoever, I enjoy it when they come round normally... but being pregnant now I don't drink and I also had work the following morning at 9AM. Me and the girlfriend went to bed at 1AM, expecting them to stay up a little longer... however at 4AM I got woken up by loud music, loud talking (shouting) and lots of general drunk noise. I actually went downstairs to get a cup of tea, so my OH is aware that I was woken up and the girlfriend also got woken up and went downstairs and wasn't happy at her boyfriend. Now, am I right to feel fustrated at this? As I've hardly had no sleep, and I'm pregnant and tired and moody... haha!

X

RockerMummy184 Sat 04-Jul-15 09:48:24

Pregnant or not that is remarkably rude behaviour! However being pregnant gives you permission to chop his nuts off while he sleeps off his hangover and blame it on hormones! wink

MissTwister Sat 04-Jul-15 09:50:43

I think the answer to that is obvious....pregnant or not that's not very respectful is it!?

coneywonder Sat 04-Jul-15 10:44:31

I agree with pp it comes down to respect. He knows you had work early so that alone should mean that he doesn't wake you at 4am.

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Sat 04-Jul-15 10:53:40

My FIL insists on doing this every time he comes over & always stays even if he's just come for dinner. I've never been so happy to turn our spare room into a nursery!! It's incredibly rude & disrespectful at any time and even more so when your pregnant.

edwfaith Sat 04-Jul-15 11:04:46

Haha, thank you for your replies. I'm just sat here in work brewing in my fustration!! And then this morning he drunkly awoke from the sofa and said, "What have I done wrong?" hmmmmmmmmmmm....

It's nice to know that I'm a justified stroppy cow haha smile X

coneywonder Sat 04-Jul-15 11:14:48

When I was 34 weeks pregnant (I'm 39 now ) my partner and I went to his best friends wedding. He got abliterated and was a general nightmare he didn't really do anything in particular but I have really bad spd and he knew I would want to leave a litthe early because of how much pain I'm in but I couldn't get him out of the place till 2am and then he was sick in my brand new car and all over the kitchen floor when we got home. I made him clean it the next day and he was mortified but it's plain disrespectful...I think he knew that it would be one of the last times he'd get to be daft but I was NOT happy the next day haha x

weelamb123 Sat 04-Jul-15 11:24:10

Selfish bastards! I would have went fucking balistic......x
X

edwfaith Sat 04-Jul-15 11:47:12

I'm not 100% sure on how to go about explaining all this to OH without coming across as a fun spoiler haha... X sad

FernGullysWoollyPully Sat 04-Jul-15 11:51:42

Its a shame you're at work....I'd have been hoovering next to his fucking hungover head this morning!

I think you're absolutely justified, I would be fuming at this. It's just disrespectful.

coneywonder Sat 04-Jul-15 11:58:30

I'd just say I'm not happy about last night I'm more tired than normal as it is and I had work this morning and you were downright rude and didn't think about me at all.

You don't have to be shouty and sweary about it. I would be expecting an apology of his own back when you get home anyway! If you don't get that that's when you need to tell him what a dick he was

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now