Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Movements at 37/38 weeks

(11 Posts)
lilacpaintedview Sat 04-Jul-15 08:20:23

I am 37, nearly 38 weeks. Had a few episodes of reduced movements over last few weeks and every time everything was fine. Yesterday baby was quiet, there was movement, but just so much weaker than it has been.... same as before really, but I keep reading movement shouldn't really change. So confusing as to what I should do... I am feeling movement this morning but gentle squirming... used to be strong and bigger movements that moved my whole belly

WWYD?

Shnickyshnackers Sat 04-Jul-15 08:29:23

Have you tried having a cold can of coke, to see if that wakes the baby up? It sometimes works.

lilacpaintedview Sat 04-Jul-15 08:35:37

I don't have any coke but last night tried ice cold water - got some movement, its not the amount of movement worried about, more the strength of it IYSWIM

And chocolate normally does the trick, baby moves for that, didn't have any last night so had a rolo desert - again some movement

m33r Sat 04-Jul-15 08:39:56

Go to get checked out. If it is ok again, brilliant!! In a few weeks you wonmt need to go ever again. Until then, no harm getting checked out. A bit of a pain but such a waste of a day worrying if you don't.

When I was pg I got my husband to drive two hours to pick me up from a weekend away with the girls to get checked. Same thing - some movement but different. I got checked, all was well and DH took me back. A few hours out and I had a brilliant weekend.

Hope all is well (which is more and likely is!!)

m33r Sat 04-Jul-15 08:41:04

PS obvs have a brilliant husband... Now also have a brilliant son grin

Cyrli Sat 04-Jul-15 08:41:55

Phone your midwife and tell her about reduced movements and weaker movements. They prefer pregnant women to call rather than just worry at home!

Flisspaps Sat 04-Jul-15 08:42:51

Any change in movement from what is normal for your baby should be checked out.

KittyandTeal Sat 04-Jul-15 08:43:34

I think the type of movement changes, as in earlier on you get proper kicks rather than later on they are more pushes and stretches. However, it changes so slowly that I don't think it should be detectable in that 'oh something feels different' way. They're also not supposed to be weaker.

I'm sure it's just the heat, maybe you're a bit dehydrated, but I would get checked again.

Always better safe than sorry

BlueSkyandRain Sat 04-Jul-15 08:50:04

Always get checked out. Always, always, even if it's the same day and you got checked out earlier. Seriously. It's not wasting their time, they'd much rather you got checked and all was well (which is most likely).

ScorpioMermaid Sat 04-Jul-15 09:02:00

ring your midwife and get checked out. I'm 38 weeks and my baby hurts when she kicks and vigorously moves. I was in earlier this week due to reduced movements but everything was ok. better to be safe than sorry. they won't mind.

Whatabout Sat 04-Jul-15 09:04:05

I spoke to my midwife about this yesterday, movements will change in strength and type towards the end as they simply don't have the space. They shouldn't change in number or frequency. If your pattern has changed or there are less movements then definitely get checked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now