Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Trapped wind and constipation

(10 Posts)
Evianbaby15 Sat 04-Jul-15 07:52:18

Help me. I haven't been for a number 2 in 3 days, I've had curry, drank loads of orange juice and water - normally a cup of tea in the morning is enough to keep things moving, what else can I try and when will this get better!?

Also I have really bad trapped wind, to the point where sometimes I'm doubled over in pain and can't Do anything for a few seconds until the pain passes, is this normal?

EmzDisco Sat 04-Jul-15 08:00:13

Lots of fruit, and dried apricots seems to help

Also pop your feet up on something when you go to the loo, a little stool or the bathroom bin perhaps

flyingsprocket Sat 04-Jul-15 15:54:36

I had horrendously painful trapped wind up til about 16 weeks, luckily no constipation. Deflatine gives some relief and is suitable during pregnancy. I figured out that chocolate & sweets were causing it (was mainlining haribos in the 1st tri) and once I cut them out I was fine.

Could it be some kind of food that's triggering yours?

spnfan Sat 04-Jul-15 18:52:34

Peppermint tea!! Worked for me. smile

ilovehotsauce Sat 04-Jul-15 18:58:56

Windeeze! Only way to not explode.

sianihedgehog Sat 04-Jul-15 19:18:03

Prune juice! And get on a high fibre diet, I've been constipated since week 8, now 35 weeks. I have to take fybogel if I want to go at all, even if I eat nothing but fruit and salad.

seriouslynonames Sat 04-Jul-15 19:35:08

Sounds pretty normal from my experience! I get bad pains too but can tell it's wind. You can try lactulose too, to help keep things regular, but make sure you drink lots of water or it can make things worse.
I have been constipated on and off throughout (now 27 weeks). Don't eat too many dried apricots or you'll go the other way when things finally get moving!

Blackandwhitecat3 Sat 04-Jul-15 23:02:02

V normal, OP. Prunes work for me, and stay off all the usual gas culprits - beans etc. maybe cut down on wheat too.

Evianbaby15 Tue 07-Jul-15 18:19:45

Thanks everyone, feel a bit better knowing its normal. Constipation seems to have eased, think the culprit may have been chocolate!

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Tue 07-Jul-15 19:08:30

Black liquorice has a laxative effect - I ate loads of it in first few weeks because it helped my nausea but it had an unpleasant side effect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now