Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone worry they squashing there baby?

(13 Posts)
weelamb123 Fri 03-Jul-15 22:49:16

Sounds stupid I know.......but I'm having to sleep with several pillows and I rest my bump on one of them but worry baby is being squashed ny doing this.......

Cheshirehello79 Fri 03-Jul-15 22:56:47

I know what you mean I found it so hard on my first trimester adjusting to my sleeping habits as I've always slept on my tummy - that got me quiet worried. Now that the bump is growing gracefully I've got a wedge pillow by Carla and dream genii pregnancy pillow which are ace . I still do revert to old habits sometime but feels very uncomfortable.

LibrariesGaveUsPower Fri 03-Jul-15 22:59:16

er, no
grin

Three healthy kids so I was right. smile

Gillian1980 Fri 03-Jul-15 23:00:52

I think it either will feel so uncomfortable that you won't be able to lie in particular ways or the baby will give you a good kick if they're uncomfortable. That's what I've found.

I've usually been a tummy sleeper and it's been tricky to adjust but it's just not possible to do it at all anymore.

LibrariesGaveUsPower Fri 03-Jul-15 23:03:31

You don't need to adjust sleeping position until it is uncomfortable btw.No need to force yourself. Nature is not daft.

HoneyDragon Fri 03-Jul-15 23:06:36

They fight back if you squish them. I had a terrible racking cough when I had swine flu. Did was so disgruntled she gave me bruised ribs from trying to get comfortable hmm grin

milliemanzi Fri 03-Jul-15 23:19:45

Haha I know what you mean but after the way my radiologist shoved around my belly during my 20 week scan I'm not so scared, she said the baby is in a bubble of fluid so can't be hurt by lying on your tummy etc, which makes sense!

Mulligrubs Fri 03-Jul-15 23:24:20

I am 22 weeks and do still lie on my belly. If it gets uncomfortable I obviously move onto my side, it is starting to get more uncomfortable more quickly these days. I am not worried about squishing the baby though! Try not to worry about it.

sarkymare Fri 03-Jul-15 23:55:14

Just think how squished it's gonna be during labour..

Honestly it's fine.

geekymommy Sat 04-Jul-15 00:54:36

In the third trimester, they let you know if you're squishing them. DD used to kick me if I slouched. Now that she's almost 3 and I'm pregnant again, she is getting her revenge by elbowing my bump while she sits in my lap.

I don't think they'd get too squished before the third trimester.

Dani240 Sat 04-Jul-15 14:07:55

I asked the midwife about this! She said that lying on your belly doesn't squash them. I guess because they are basically in a water balloon!

MissTwister Sat 04-Jul-15 14:33:44

They put up a complaint sometimes but they don't actually get hurt squished, that's impossible.

mrsjskelton Sat 04-Jul-15 14:36:23

I'm 11+4 and can't help sleeping on my stomach... I think when I rock over to the side I'll know it's time to change!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now