Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just want baby out now, fed up! 36wks

(8 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Fri 03-Jul-15 22:44:39

I don't mean to sound horrible, I've had so many problems in this pregnancy (it's my first) but I'm a severe asthmatic, and had chest tightness on & off since 24wks, and past 2wks it's been continuous! Consultants, doctors, midwifes & nurses have all said they are sure baby is pushing up towards my chest is whats causing this. I just can't take it anymore. This hot weather doesn't help either!!

Anyone else?

Is it normal to feel like you've had enough around 36wks?

Lauramum23 Fri 03-Jul-15 22:53:19

Yes it is but realistically you could still have 4-5 weeks left. Plus your baby hasn't finished growing yet so I would probably say that you are just gonna have to get on with it. Sorry if that's harsh but if the doctor thought that you were in danger then they would get baby out quickly. So for now enjoy the rest and peace and before you know it baby will be here!

MumToBe2015R Fri 03-Jul-15 23:01:07

Thank Laura consultant has already said they may induce me at 37-38 weeks. Will know on Monday as I am having regular scans (every 4weeks) got 36wk scan on Monday so they she will let me know, as she said this problem could distress baby as I'm getting closer to due date. Will just have to see confused

AbbeyRoadCrossing Fri 03-Jul-15 23:04:06

I had DS at 36+1 and a few weeks more is much better for your baby and you (unless you enjoy giant steroid injections in the bum grin )
I appreciate it must be uncomfortable though but it's only 6 weeks more maximum. And has Laura says they deliver if they though your health was in danger.
I didn't have the same issues as you but I did find the pressure on my lungs eased once DS went head down and dropped, so hopefully you'll feel better soon

Lonz Sat 04-Jul-15 17:05:02

I had definitely had enough at 36wks. Before that even! I went into labour then and I believe I willed him out! When his head was engaged I felt I could breath more though. But luckily I wasn't carrying through Summer, so I can only imagine how frustrating it is. xx

sarah00001 Sat 04-Jul-15 18:47:29

Oh you poor thing. I do feel for you. My baby was pressing on my lungs and I absolutely hated feeling like I couldn't breathe properly and it must be a lot worse for you having asthma. Like you, I felt like I just couldn't take it any more. All I can say is that your baby should drop very soon and I noticed it became instantly more easy to breathe. Also, based on the weather forecast, it should hopefully be a bit cooler next week which should help. This hot, humid weather is really tough when you're pregnant. It will get better though and there isn't much longer to go now. xxx

MissTwister Sat 04-Jul-15 19:46:14

Yes I feel quite fed up too. I just ache all over all the time and feel so exhausted - SPD is getting worse and night time is just so tiring and painful!

I know baby isn't 'ready' for 5 days but I feel like it should happen soon weirdly - and its apparently already nearing 7lbs. It doesn't help that I worry a lot too and just want baby here safe!

S2b16 Sun 05-Jul-15 11:30:16

Yep totally fed up 36+6 here. Scan showed 8lb 3 oz baby and I want him out!
I have no real complaints except the usual spd, tiredness, the heat etc.
feel guilty when I say I want him here but I do. Want to see my feet, shave my legs and sleep on my back again xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now